Pronterface/Printrun - Build request

kingoddball

Hello!

I have requested software before, too hard to build.

This should work and it runs on Android fairly well...

http://reprap.org/wiki/Printrun

https://github.com/kliment/Printrun

Printerface/Printrun.

This so I can control one of my 3D Printer using the Pandora. I don't want to use Android or a Laptop.

My Pandora is going quiet right now and I'd like to use the hostmode to send GCode files over and print some :)

I have never been able to get the Pandora dev environment running, so I gave up.

If anyone can help! :)

Printrun seems to be just a bunch of python scripts.. the requirements may be a tad harder to bundle into a PND than the actual program itself. It seems possible to get working.. I have a 3D printer myself now.. so I'm pretty interested in getting something working too. Although I'm not as familiar with using to the Pronterface/Printrun vs Repetier host and Slic3r.

Last edited by a moderator:
Printrun seems to be just a bunch of python scripts.. the requirements may be a tad harder to bundle into a PND than the actual program itself.
I also was just about writing "hey, it's just python ..." but then saw the list of required python extensions ... :)

Need to bundle skeinforge with it as well.. I may tackle a 3D printing PND at some point, but I seem to be a tad busy recently.. Mono seems to be a hold up on Repetier Host and Slic3r has been compiled on the RPi..

It would be nice to have an all inclusive 3D Printing PND.

Dammit.

I'm building a 3rd 3D Printer now.. No Pandora as a controller :'(

It's very feasible to get something going as the RPi can handle it.. just will take a bit of an effort. 

I'm building a 3rd 3D Printer now..
Are you just building kits? or are you doing own thing? Looking at the components needed it seem very doable to make your own from scratch now a days.. 

Need to bundle skeinforge with it as well.
Why Skeinforge?  I haven't used it since Slic3r came out and Slic3r integrates with pronterface just fine.  Has Skeinforge continued to be developed?

A printing PND would be ace.  Especially in conjunction with _wb_'s openscad port.

Why Skeinforge?  I haven't used it since Slic3r came out and Slic3r integrates with pronterface just fine.  Has Skeinforge continued to be developed?
It's what one of the readme files said.. I didn't investigate too deeply into it. 

A printing PND would be ace.

I need to revive my Pandora developer environment and give this a go. 

Pronterface on Pandora would be awesome! Wish you luck and I'm really crossing all fingers!

It's very feasible to get something going as the RPi can handle it.. just will take a bit of an effort. 

I'm building a 3rd 3D Printer now..

Are you just building kits? or are you doing own thing? Looking at the components needed it seem very doable to make your own from scratch now a days.. 
Hey,

Building my own.

First printer (i2) was a kit which I heavily modified.

Second was an i3 I designed (except the frame).

Third is an i3 Mini and I have a fourth I'm holding off any info! (crazy one)

but the i3 mini might get phased out for something a little more outrageous... Not sure yet, but a crazy design would be fun!

defiantly slic3r over Skeinforge. Skeinforge is great, but incredibly slow even on a modern cpu.  This is also something I also was hoping to get running at some point.  Just plug in my pandora and print

Yep. That has been my plan for 2 years now. No luck :(

Will try pandebian - does this has access to the USB?

this does not make numpy look promising.... Not that I have done a lot of cross compiling or anything.  I'm thinking it would probably be best to compile on a pandora? 

this does not make numpy look promising.... Not that I have done a lot of cross compiling or anything.  I'm thinking it would probably be best to compile on a pandora? 
While I do have a cross compiling environment, I've been working on the Pandora for all this work.. My first attempt at RepetierHost was kind of delayed by getting Mono to compile with the codeblocks PND, I'm close but not quite there yet.. I haven't started looking at pronterface or Slic3r yet.. I'm temped to try slackware or debian  and if I get everything working just release a SD card image file.

Repetierhost would be better than printrun. Im guessing there will be no print rendering due to the opengl requirements? 

^ Well that's where I'm hoping lunixbochs(_aegis_)'s OpenGL implementation may be a solution for that problem.. although getting mono to compile is becoming an adventure and a half..

I already have compiled numpy in codeblock (many months ago). I can try printerun and other things, but I have no 3D Printer to test it... Unless someone is already working on it.

Back