GP32 Programming for newbies.

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
Well, i have all of summer to be bored, so i might as well be bored and program for my gp32 at the same time. What do i need to get started to make games for it. Ive never programmed before, but my goal isnt to make a game that will impress everyone, just something to take up my time and make me feel satisfaction that i can actually make something show up on the screen...

I started doing Tutorials, but im working on a platformer, so i will make a new tutorial soon when i've sort everything out.

Im thinking of making a entire game making tutorial, with ai and the whole game loop. /* with less graphics to keep the code easy to understand */

ive seen riccos tutorials but im lookign for tutorials more on like fighters and such

A fighting game is just a platformer and so is a shooter. Top down games are different as the physics(still need to work on that) is different.

I think you'll be quite hardpressed to find tutorials on how to make individual genres. Creating a fighting game before you know anything about programming is gonna be a huge task. Imagine all the frames of animation you'd have to make, then controlling them, then setting up collision boxes for the different parts of the body and then interacting them.... Not something I'd want to take on as a one man team. :lol:

Back