Problems Writing To Sd Card Thru Wiz

nekk

Still Fresh
Hi! My name is Nic, and I just got my gp2x wiz a few days ago, and I love it! I was writing to it's SD card fine for the first few days I had it, but now, when I connect it to my laptop through USB, it shows up fine, but when I try to write to it or add something to it, it returns the following message:

Error while copying to "game".
The destination is read-only.

And that is it. I wish I could add more, the SD is barely half full, but it won't let me. And, what's worse, my laptop has an SD port built in, but, when I put the SD card in it, it does not show up at all on my computer. I am using Ubuntu Linux, if that matters to anyone

Please help me! :*(

--Nic

Seems like your lock switch is on on your SD card. If you look at the card there's a little slider on the edge that should say "LOCK". Slide it into the unlocked position and it should work.

Mr.TwisT said:
Seems like your lock switch is on on your SD card. If you look at the card there's a little slider on the edge that should say "LOCK". Slide it into the unlocked position and it should work.

Nope, it seems to be in the correct position, but that is a very good suggestion. I will toggle it a bit to see if it does anything anyways, any other suggestions? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back