Problem With Gpcinema Encoding

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Ok i got a few series of anime that dotn want to work when i try to export to avi in virtual dub.
It gives Me This Error:

Error Decompressing video frame 1:

An Unknown error occured (may be corrupt data).
(error code -100)

I know its not the file itself because i can watch it on my comp. As well as my other anime that does work on my gamepark.

Any help?

Thx

Drak

http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/...w32-1.0pre7.zip

You can always use mplayer/mencoder for windows to convert the file to raw(very fast, takes lots of space), then convert this in virtualdub.

Or you could figure out how to use mencoder for windows to covert any format to gamepark compatible format, search in the gpcinema forum under mencoder, I haven't gotten it to work for me, but a lot of other people have, including the author of igp32.

should be something (for the raw dump) like
mencoder -o gpfile.avi -ovc raw -oac copy original.avi

~
Also, there is a newer version of virtualdub 1.63, that opens everything for me.

Good luck, and post results.

mth411 posted on Apr 27 2005 at 03:49 AM said:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/...w32-1.0pre7.zip

You can always use mplayer/mencoder for windows to convert the file to raw(very fast, takes lots of space), then convert this in virtualdub.

Or you could figure out how to use mencoder for windows to covert any format to gamepark compatible format, search in the gpcinema forum under mencoder, I haven't gotten it to work for me, but a lot of other people have, including the author of igp32.

should be something (for the raw dump) like
mencoder -o gpfile.avi -ovc raw -oac copy original.avi

~
Also, there is a newer version of virtualdub 1.63, that opens everything for me.

Good luck, and post results.

why does nobody write a program that encodes avi and mov files to the gpcinema?

Last edited by a moderator:
"why does nobody write a program that encodes avi and mov files to the gpcinema?"

You mean , like psp video?

Virtualdub can be a rather large pain in the buttocks with GP32, if you really don't want to use it, you could use Movielink which just converts movie files to GP32 compliant XVID or DIVX, some people say the size is too big or the quality is not too good but I've found that with tweaking it and playing around I can get 1 Meg a minute so I could fit a two hour movie on my SMC.

Problem with movielink is, it's screws up the audio, so you should reincode (just the audio) in virtualdub which is very quick

Error Decompressing video frame 1:

An Unknown error occured (may be corrupt data).
(error code -100)
[/quote]
Either your video file is corrupted or deinterlacing filter is on. Try different video files and (if ur having the error every time) check (in the status window) if the error ocurrs at the same video frame (typically 407). If so, disable all filters apart from resize and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx alot! mth411 my virtual dub was a VERY old version i should have checked to see if there were any updated for it lol.

Back