GP32 Problem Compiling Slaanesh's Opentyrian Code

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
Hey there! Anybody listening?

So, I've set up a dev environment using DevKitARM and SDL++ EABIv4, and I'm trying to compile Slaanesh's OpenTyrian port to see if I have everything in working order.

I ran into a couple of errors compiling the C files, which I quickly sorted out, and now I'm getting errors at link time that have me stumped.

They all look a bit like this:
Code:
obj/game_menu.o: In function `JE_cashLeft()':
game_menu.c:(.text+0x1dc): undefined reference to `weaponPort'
obj/game_menu.o: In function `JE_drawItem(unsigned char, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short)':
game_menu.c:(.text+0x868): undefined reference to `options'
game_menu.c:(.text+0x87c): undefined reference to `weaponPort'
game_menu.c:(.text+0x880): undefined reference to `shields'
game_menu.c:(.text+0x884): undefined reference to `powerSys'
game_menu.c:(.text+0x888): undefined reference to `ships'

I did a little digging, and it turns out all the undefined references are supposed to be taken care of in episodes.o, a file which is compiled from episodes.c and episodes.h in the source code.

I know the references are all in there and compiled, as when I type 'nm episodes.o' in the obj directory, I get this output at the end:

Code:
00010d0c b options
0001098c b powerSys
000117b4 b shields
00010aa4 b ships
00010234 b special
         U sprintf
0000f418 b weaponPort
00000008 b weapons

So, I figure it's an order problem, and I check the Makefile. Trouble is, episodes.o is already listed before game_menu.o. I tried moving episodes.o to the very beginning of the list, and that didn't help. I also tried it at the end (though that should be wrong) and it didn't help there, either.

So... I'm stuck. And I don't think I can ask Slaanesh because he hasn't logged in since May, and I have two other PMs I've sent him, neither of which he's replied to.

Still haven't figured out anything for this. I did manage to get in contact with Slaanesh, finally, but I'm more concerned about getting C++ working and OpenJazz compiling. I'm thinking this might be a problem with my toolchain anyway, and that maybe I should try an older version of DevKitARM.

Alright, I got it compiling with an older version of DevKitARM.

EDIT: As I suspected, my build runs up to the point where it tries to access the Tyrian files on the SMC. Hopefully my contact with Slaanesh will lead me to a point where I can understand how to fix this issue.

Eh, I think my communications with Slaanesh have fallen through. I got one e-mail from him, but that was all, and in that one he said he'd burnt himself out and was taking a break from the whole GP32x scene. He did say he'd send me the OpenJazz source he got to compile for the GP32, but I haven't received it yet, and that was almost a week ago by now.

Aha! I got OpenJazz compiled and running by using DevkitARM r13 with the SDL++ archive from GP32Spain.

What sucks is I can't figure out how to map controls (no matter what I try, button A is mapped to escape, and nothing else is mapped at all), and the Jazz sprite is completely white.

I'm still hoping for some contact from Slaanesh on this matter.

Back