preview on Wannahaves.nl

Timstertoo

As I mentioned in some other thread earlier I have been working on getting the Pandora on a Dutch website.

A regular of my bar works for them and I forced him to write a preview until I get my unit after which he could write a review and hopefully some more units would be sold because of the exposure.

At first the editors said no to the preview and that they would hold out for a review unit. And asked if I would write the review once I got the untit. I PM'd Ed and Craigix about it but I guess their inbox is piling out so no response there.

But for some reason they decided to post the preview anyways and here it is:

http://www.wannahaves.com/sec/article/menu/Technology/art/61e86e8ed8665282b7f5e8ac4d6619fd/title/Open-Pandoras-box

Nice enough piece huh! :) (you'll probably need a course in Dutch to understand it)

Once I get my unit I'll work on getting that review up there asap with a link so to the premium unit webpage and we'll see if we can get some fat on ED and Craigix's bones!

If this is a rough translation enough, then that's a nice preview and I look forward to your review.

"This editorial is venturing into the dangerous territory of the games ... Having absolutely no experience with games and all of its knowledge, that sounds like a desperate act of a man with a deadline and in a CD rewriters. That it is not. In today's gaming industry, the budget Hollywood blockbuster worthy and that is clearly visible. But we can still determine the time that you remember the Atari ST, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and Nintendo 8bit (to name but a few) joined to a TV to go on then releasing Space Invaders and Pac-Man (at Once again only a few). But those games are hopelessly outdated and try it a decent console to find where you can play old school classics.

Suppose now that this is your frustrations and you're a genius where the pocket-sized computers are concerned, then there is only one thing and that is developing an ultra portable mini laptop gaming. Quite a mouthful but that's simply because it does not exist. This device is a marvel of engineering and ingenuity. The only problem was the financing of this feat and what do you do? Then make sure that your idea reaches a large number of game enthusiasts who collectively long for the days when gaming still need some imagination.

That make you a nice piece of technology that is not contemporary, but rather be called futuristic. Then tell you there that the past is no longer science fiction, but only a matter of time if they are willing to invest $ 335. 4000 gaming enthusiasts have responded to this cry for nostalgia and this was the birth of the open source Pandora a fact.

After years of development and testing is the result of fiction into reality, and the investors get their money! The Pandora is a cross between a PC and a handheld game console. Hence the familiar game controls that we know from Nintendo. With a speed and capacity of a desktop and internet access via Firefox, the Pandora to games like Quake 3 with ease. Smaller than a notebook but bigger than a Nintendo DS fits easily in your pocket. Despite its compact size offers an LCD screen resolution of 800 * 480. The Pandora is the brainchild of many gaming enthusiasts seeking the best of their knowledge in this device has been processed. The future of gaming is thus a new path that long overdue. A review of the Pandora is soon to Wannahaves to read since we have a very reliable source that belonged to one of 4000! To be continued ..."

My friend wrote this. The site is more about bling then hardcore gadgets, hence the name, so hopefully it'll find people who previously have never heared of the Pandora.

Apparantely they are doing quite well on the page visits and I think there might be a tv program coming too. Used to be on television in a different format.

I don't think I've ever encountered the website, but a nice editorial none the less.

Hope he will write a nice review as well :)

I think that's a pretty good way to describe the Pandora to Wannahaves' target audience, although "speed and capabilities of a desktop" might lead to some unreasonable expectations.

Back