Preventing Dust?

Minkoff

I just picked up my GP2X for the first time in a couple of days, and there was an incredible amount of dust on the screen. Naturally I picked up a rag to clean it off, but after doing that I realized that the vast majority of the dust was actually under the damn hard plastic cover. There was not a single piece of dust under my cover when I first put it on, and now there's so much I'm considering trying to send it back for a refund (it's really a hell of alot of dust). How did it get there so easily? And can I do anything about it? :(

EDIT: It's under the screen cover, not the screen itself. Changed the wording a bit.

Again: Well, after further inspection it's less than I thought, but it's still alot (countless little specs and a few really big pieces). I guess I'll try the baloon trick, but this is just yet another problem. These things feel way more "alpha" than I expected, even for First Editions.

hmm, that happened to me

what i did was get a pin, and pick at it at the top, and it came off, and i cleaned it, but itl left a small dent at the top :( but i got a new one from another fault on my gp2x

i would recommend sending it back, although, im not sure if they will take it back?

B) sorry i couldent help much

cornfed posted on Feb 17 2006 at 10:11 PM said:
Minkoff,
Whats the baloon trick?

Run a balloon on somehting static-like ... a wool blanket will do; it charges the balloon with a static charge, run this magic balloon across the screen and (in theory) it will move the bits of dust to the corner of the screen where they will do no more harm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I put the screen cover on I was surprised that the back of the screen cover was sticky, as if peeling off the protective layer on the inside left the stickyness... That's why I made extra sure that I didn't touch that so I wouldn't leave a nasty fingerprint. That's why I'd be extra careful using the baloon trick. because that might statically draw the peices of dust onto the sticky part of the screen, thus making it a whore to get off.

Back