Preparing Romsets For Mame

RatchetMan

Still Fresh
I have successfully converted my rom collection from version 0.94 to version 0.34 using clrmame pro. However, this leaves me with all of the roms supported by 0.34 (1022 files at 155MB). Does anyone know how to get clrmame to extract 687 roms that gpMAME supports?

Thanks,

RatchetMan

I've written a batch file that copies only the roms that GP MAME supports out of your converted roms folder and sticks them in a folder on your c: drive, c:\mame034. You can then just copy that folder and put it on your smc. It works a treat, but the only problem is that i uploaded it to my webspace and was intending to provide a link to it for people here to use. But when i downloaded it again myself to check it, the formatting inside the file is all screwed up and it then doesn't work. I can't understand why as its just a standard txt file renamed to .bat

Does anyone know why the line breaks etc in a txt/batch file would get screwed up after being uploaded to some webspace?

Anyways, it works perfectly, and filters out the complete set of GP MAME roms from a complete MAME034 set. So if someone can tell me why it screws up after uploading everyone else can use it too.

Fade, why don't you Zip it before uploading , this way the .Bat won't be altered by the webserver.

Qing

Its so simple i couldn't see it! Its working fine now, Cheers Qing :)

Ok, grab the file HERE

1. Make a folder on the root of your c: drive called mame034

2. Unzip the file and put it in the same folder as your converted roms, then double click it.

3. All the correct roms for GP Mame will be filtered out your converted roms folder and dumped in c:\mame034

4. Copy the c:\mame034 folder to the GPMM folder on your GP32

If you converted your roms properly before running this you should now have all of the roms GP Mame supports on your GP32. Altogether i think they're about 34MB.

Hope this helps!

Cool, i'm glad i was finally able to give something back to the community thats given so much! :)

nice... I got 619 or the roms... is there a way to make something that will tell me which ones Im missing using something similar to that file you created?

Thanks

Guest posted on Mar 7 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
Clever! :) I will try it out, thanks Fade!

You have to love this community! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guest posted on Mar 7 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
Guest posted on Mar 7 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
Clever! :) I will try it out, thanks Fade!

You have to love this community! :)
That is actually the first time I have ever seen a guest post on these boards. :blink:

GPJosh posted on Mar 8 2005 at 01:50 AM said:
Yeah, guest posting seems to have been turned back on. It's been popping up all over recently.
It was me posting. All of a sudden my automatic login don't work anymore, so I have posted two guest messages without realising it.. oh well :)

thanks, it certainly did the trick for me. I've have a huge success now and I'm very impressed by this emulator. Downloading of an alternative rom seems to do the trick for the odd rogue game that doesn't work.

Back