GP2X Pre-compiled Linux-arm Toolchain?

timbobsteve

Sorry if this has been asked before guys and girls.

I am trying to compile my own linux-arm toolkit for my new Linux GP2X development distibution (Live CD and Local) and I have come into a couple of problems.... I can sit here and figure them out... which will take time... but I was wondering if there is already a linux version of the linux-arm toolchain.

I am yet to actually get my GP2X so I am not sure if it comes with the unit... but I was wondering if a non windows linux-arm toolkit exists in a precompiled (preferably archive) fashion?

Anyways... sorry again if this is a double post.

Keep your eyes open for news on the new disto... I am thinking of calling it "GP2Xnix"..... what do you all think?

Thanks again.

theoddbot posted on Dec 15 2005 at 08:45 AM said:
Might want to put a couple on. There's the one GPH released, GCC-2.95.3, hardware float. Details are at
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GPH_SDK
I'd rather say "the one leaked from GPH", since they did no official release, and that link is not mentioned anywhere on the GPH site... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the GP2X unit come with a copy of the GPH or DevKitProGP2x SDK.

I ordered about 2 mins ago from GP2X.co.uk and it listed that the unit comes with an SDK... but neglected to say which one it comes with.

Thanks again. I am getting the GPH SDK from ftp.gp32spain.com

I looked at andLinux and it seemed to be heading in a different direction to myself. I am going more for the "bare minimum" system. It will only have the following.

X (with configured fluxbox)
GCC/G++
arm-linux toolchain / GP2X SDK
SciTE (for code editing. I am re-writting some of the language.conf files for GP2X compatability.)

Thats about all I am including in the distro. It will be liveCD and installation (if wanted)

It is completely built off slackware 10.2 and can be upgraded to a full slackware system with little to no effort.

Let me all know if there is anything else I should include.

mongolito404 posted on Dec 15 2005 at 01:31 PM said:
Another solution to LiveCD and coLinux, is a VMWare image (need a VMWare workstation) usable with VMWare Player on any supported system.
indeed :), but an opensource solution would be nicer (andLinux).

Last edited by a moderator:
GP2Xnix will be distributed in the following formats:

LiveCD
VMWare Image (VMWare Player Compatible)
VirtualPC Image (Same as VMWare Player Ver. as VMWare Player loads .vmc's)
Installable Distribution (for fill desktop HDD Installation)
Possibly a CoLinux Version (I am not that fond of CoLinux, but if it is requested I will look into it)

I am still unsure of the name for my distro, I am going for either GP2Xnix or GP2niX. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

As for my original question, is the leaked version of the GPH SDK hosted on gp32spain.com functional? If so I will use that as the main dev env for GP2niX/GP2Xnix.

I will be spawning off the ones in andLinux so that all Linux users can use them. You are welcome to use those. They will be called andLibs (I reaslly need to rename this system). ;-)

David

Back