Pre-built Game Makers, Anyone?

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Well, after looking about and some judicious use of the search engine, i have come up with a most pressing question:

For those of us with the imagination required to make a game, but who lack the ability to program, or the time to gather a team of programmers, Is there any chance of ever getting games made in gamemakers like RM2K onto the GP2x? Or barring that possiblity, (as i dont know if you can get your source code for games you make in RM2K), Is there any chance of a gamemaker being released for the GP2x in the future? I noticed an FPS maker project on the Dev wiki, but all it was was a name, no other information. And there is a distinct lack of homebrew RPG's for the Gp2x anyways.

Now that i've rambled on in that fashion, is there any hope for either of my above questions?

Azalin posted on Aug 18 2006 at 08:01 AM said:
Well, after looking about and some judicious use of the search engine, i have come up with a most pressing question:

For those of us with the imagination required to make a game, but who lack the ability to program, or the time to gather a team of programmers, Is there any chance of ever getting games made in gamemakers like RM2K onto the GP2x? Or barring that possiblity, (as i dont know if you can get your source code for games you make in RM2K), Is there any chance of a gamemaker being released for the GP2x in the future? I noticed an FPS maker project on the Dev wiki, but all it was was a name, no other information. And there is a distinct lack of homebrew RPG's for the Gp2x anyways.

Now that i've rambled on in that fashion, is there any hope for either of my above questions?
At this present time, I am afraid not. The only thing I can think of is the Gigas Engine which is in slow(?) development.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=371756

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the same thing :) too bad there isn't :( I really want to help make games but lack the skills to create code. I'm taking classes to learn programming languages (I took a small visual basics class and loved it) but by then the GP2X scene will probably be dead :(

Yeah there will probably be support for some game makers (if the interpreter is open-source). Almost nobody is interested right now though. If I see an interesting code for one of these, I'll take a look at it.

Gigas was for GP32, and its development has been discontinued.

Blah posted on Aug 18 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
Yeah there will probably be support for some game makers (if the interpreter is open-source). Almost nobody is interested right now though. If I see an interesting code for one of these, I'll take a look at it.

Gigas was for GP32, and its development has been discontinued.
Very tiny light at the end of the tunnel:
Pirotic_ver2 posted on Mar 19 2006 at 05:44 AM said:
Hehe, Well if i ever get a GP2X you can rest assured i'd be making Gigas2X on it (i'd port over all the bits i liked, but probably re-write the menu system and interface) and i'd probably up it to 32bit colour graphics with alpha-bit support, But it'd have to wait until i can afford a GP2X - Just got Fight Night, Oblivion and GRAW for the '360 this month so i couldn't justify another £100 to the wife. maybe next month!

Last edited by a moderator:
theres lways the shoot-em-up construction kit for the c64 (emulator) i know its not on the same line as what your talking about. but its fun and easy to use for the gp2x.

would love to see MUGEN ported!

Although the community seems quite dead now.

Cant even find working link for it :/

OpenMugen is not really feature complete to warrant a port and Mugen is closed source.

Hmm, a little more searching has dug up the Exult Studio page. It appears that the editor has the capability to create entire new games using the engine, as long as you are into making the art and such. One wonders why no one mentioned this nifty little tool before ;)

EDIT: And it appears Verge is being ported too, how nice.

Back