Power Switch Issue

geise69

For a good while now I have been having an issue with my power switch. I have to be really careful when turning on my GP2X. If I put the switch all the way down in the on position it will start at the GP2X logo then the screen will get all garbled after the gp2x sound plays. I have to barely put it in the down/on position. It will then work find for a good while. If I touch the switch while playing it will freeze my GP2X. This is will batteries or with my official gp2x power adapter. It doesn't matter, it's only with the power switch all the way down in the on position. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Would it maybe need to be resoldered? Could there be a short in the switch when it's all the way down? If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

I had the same problem. it's like as the switch had graphite or something inside. What i did was to open the gp2x, put some DW-40 inside the switch and play with it arround 5-10 minutes till it would do click and click like a normal switch.
I think this problem is caused by the humidity of the hands, if the same happends with the power adapter hole, try doing the same.

i hope it helps you :D

Back