Power issues

madlyinsane

Still Fresh
I'm having some problems with the power and my Pandora. Every now and then it just turns off, no warning it just looses power.

I thought it was due to the problem here:

Once that was fixed it worked for a while but it just happened again. Also I can't get it to initiate the boot when the battery is put in as the quick start guide suggests, In assumed this was because the battery was already in the Pandora when it arrived but when the power is connected the battery level hasn't moved from 78% and it wont turn on without the power cable connected.

Is any of this normal?

If the Pandora is off and you insert the battery, it does not turn on? Is that what you are saying? It only works while plugged in as well?

My instincts are suggesting the battery is loose. If you manage to get it to turn on with the battery seated, shake it around a bit, see if the battery jostles at all and if the power flickers out. If this is the case, you can take some tissue or toilet paper, fold it into a kind of cushion, and put it between the battery and the lid so it is forced down to better contact.

If the Pandora is off and you insert the battery, it does not turn on? Is that what you are saying? It only works while plugged in as well?

My instincts are suggesting the battery is loose. If you manage to get it to turn on with the battery seated, shake it around a bit, see if the battery jostles at all and if the power flickers out. If this is the case, you can take some tissue or toilet paper, fold it into a kind of cushion, and put it between the battery and the lid so it is forced down to better contact.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the unit doesn't automatically turn on once the battery is inserted and it will only work while plugged in however even then it just turns off or reboots randomly.

I just had another attempt with removing and inserting the battery, and while the Pandora did not automatically turn on, once I connected the plug the power lights on the right came on like usual, only this time the second one from the right turned red and is now flashing. The battery level also showed 1% and has now climbed to 3% so I assume this means that it's now charging properly.

Could the random re-boots have been caused by the battery making contact while the Pandora was on?

OK a message just appeared to say that the Pandora is low on battery and to connect to a power socket so it looks like the battery is working now but the connection to the AC adapter is still temperamental.

Could the random re-boots have been caused by the battery making contact while the Pandora was on?
Even while plugged in, removing the battery will cause it to reset (shut down and then restart because it detects the AC adapter)

Everything you've described suggests a loose battery making contact and then losing it again. Try my tissue paper suggestion.

The tissue has seemed to work, I was up most of the night playing on it and it didn't loose power once. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get a chance to write up a review on this wonderful machine. :D

Back