• Total voters

giffel

Since GPengine has several choices for the cpu speed setting, you
could try at which speeds your GP32 runs fine. Please select
the maximum setting at which you were able to use GPengine without
experiencing problems. Please also make sure you used fresh
batteries for this test.

Thanks!

What difference does it make? - at 133mhz it runs full speed on mine and sound is fine - unless my eyes are inverted or something?

same here whats the point if it runs fine at 133mhz anyway
and i have noticed that any emu that is running at high mhz
then the batterys seem to get a bit hot and dont last long ,
leave things as they are if its fine

I just wanted to have statistics about the speed of gp32 ram. I know myself
that the higher speeds are not needed.

nufu posted on Mar 10 2003 said:
mine bombs out at anything above the default
The "default" clock speed on a GP32 is 40MHz...

--jo "directhex" shields

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive found that GPengine only runs true full speed at 156MHZ, at 133MHZ is run a little bit slower than full speed.

TFC

Running the GP32 at more than 133 can cause the screen to melt, just so that you know.

MrT

I usually run it at 133mhz. Most games work fine at this speed, but there is occasional bits of slowdown with some games. E.g., R-type during certain scenes, though the only really obvious example I've seen is the original Bomberman's title screen (the game itself runs fine).

giffel posted on Mar 7 2003 said:
could try at which speeds your GP32 runs fine. Please select
the maximum setting at which you were able to use GPengine without
I can run GPEngine at 166Mhz with zero problems. GPEngine does not run a full speed if you select 60fps (the default is 30). Running at 166Mhz brings it back to full speed at 60fps.

Me too :)
I think there are only few lucky gp32 which are ok to run at 166mhz.

But be warned, as we say on our webpage, it might be dangerous.

I played at 166mhz for a week and my lcd screen really got a slight tint darker (and had less contrast). I only realized when I compared to a new gp32. So be warned.

I think there are only few lucky gp32 which are ok to run at 166mhz.

Yes, the LCD screens are tested -only- up to 133 Mhz, but -some- can cope with more. Some obviously can't. Problem is it happens slower, like you described. It could have at least flickered first so you knew to shut it off...

GP32 overclocking...

Thanks to all the people who participated in this poll.
I will definitely try to repair my gp32 now instead of buying a new one, since gp32 able to run at 166mhz are obviously rare and quite useful as testbed for a work in progress.

Giffel.

giffel posted on May 22 2003 said:
GP32 overclocking...

Thanks to all the people who participated in this poll.
I will definitely try to repair my gp32 now instead of buying a new one, since gp32 able to run at 166mhz are obviously rare and quite useful as testbed for a work in progress.

Giffel.
What do you mean? You never said your GP32 was broken!? Anyways, my GP32 konks out and resets at anythign above 133MhZ (what is the def of MhZ anyways? Calculations Per Cycle, Cycles Per Second?)

Back