Possibility Of A Ngp Joystick Hack?

procyon

Still Fresh
Hello all. Just got my GP2X and I'm even more blown away by the progress that the many developers have made than I was expecting. I'm loving every minute I spend with this thing.

I had a thought, and I'm 95% sure this would never work (or that someone else already thought of this before I did, but I couldn't find it on the forums,) but how possible would it be to hack the GP2X joystick in to a Neogeo Pocket joystick? (assuming you had a spare stick available)

Would this simply not work, due to the number of microswitches? Is there anyway to make something like this work. It's about the only thing that I can think of that could possibly improve this amazing machine. Curious to know what everyone else's thoughts are. Thanks.

I think a few people have wanted to take the stick itself and put it on the GP2X, but they didn't have much luck with getting it of the NGP. I could be wrong.

The NGPC Stick is too thick and won't fit on the GP2X. I took a picture for you:

ngpcstick1.JPG

DO a search for joystick under this forum. I have seen a joystick modes that have been done. The best one I saw was the mod to make it concaved.

Also I think there is one for shortening the stick base by half.

Read before you try anything :)

Satan Claus: That can be fixed with polymorph to fit the shaft. I'm actually going to try to make a completely new stick with the stuff.

bazuka posted on Dec 23 2005 at 04:19 AM said:
Satan Claus: That can be fixed with polymorph to fit the shaft. I'm actually going to try to make a completely new stick with the stuff.

Even if you are able to put the NPGC stick on the GP2X, you won't be able to move it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back