Portable Hdds..

Loubear

Well...I've been looking up those portable hdds, and it *seems* that there are 2 portable hdd thingys..battery enclosure plus hdd, and battery built in portable hdds (sometimes with card reader).. To me...it seems that it's much cheaper to buy a 3.5 inch hdd and then connect it to a enclosure, but I'm not sure about that...*paranoia?* Well, put your experiences with portable hdds here...

I've got a portable HDD, which I made using a 3.5" drive and a portable enclosure. It's huge and too heavy to be portable! I then decided that there must be a better way. I took my old MP3 player apart, took out the laptop HDD inside.Than a got a 2.5" enclosure from ebuyer. It's so much smaller and lighter.

I've got a Western Digital Passport drive that I use for transporting data/software between offices. It runs off USB. It can use an external PSU if you don't have a powered USB port although I've yet to find a non powered USB port myself. They're used on some notebooks apparently.

It's a little smaller than a Paperback Novel. Looks cool too. Metal top and rubberised bottom and a cool blue LED.

B0006ZBHWY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Loubear posted on Apr 18 2006 at 01:18 PM said:
Nah...it's more like the 2.5" hard drives that Bingo Jesus has.

Eh? The passport drive is a 2.5 inch external drive. The WD drive you show above is probably the one in the WD passport drive. Why buy seperate drive and case when WD do if for you. They are on ebay for $109.99 buy it now for the 80GB one. or $146.99 for the 120GB.

They work on any PC with a USB port apart from some notebooks so unless you need a battery...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep..I need a battery...Wondering..just how big is a 3.5" hdd with the enclosure? Because bigger memory equals better for me...

Back