Port Psp's Lumines Please!!!!!!

Hey!

I`m working on it since yesterday :D
Thought I`m gonna take a "break" from minigame coding...
I just got the game three days ago, and instantly thought, that should be possible on the gp32 :)

But I`m coding it from scratch in Fenix, so I can`t promise something playable will come out in the end, as I did not work out a good collision system for the blocks yet, which could get kinda hard... and Fenix isn`t the fastest with so much things on screen (16x10 field=160 blocks possible at once... could get very slow...)

Well, I thought I try it anyway.

Also, thanks for the link to the sourcecode, maybe I can get some ideas from that :D

some guy over at the nesdev forums is making a "luminesweeper"

umm...

luminesweeper

Yeah, I think he named it and colored it like that. You're smart people, I don't think I need to explain. :)

Well anyway, when he's done, you can run it on an nes emulator.

Only problem is the "*when* he's done" part.

Yeah, Lumines is actually better *ported* now that I think about it. :S

Oh well, if anyone is willing to try to port, I would be really happy...

I doubt I will get my try to anything playable...

EDIT:
btw, Luminesweeper will be for the gba: Look here.

Lumines for the gp32 would be so awesome! :D I really someone ports it! And don't give up Quiest, I bet you could make a really great Lumines game. :)

On a side note.. can anyone imagine a cross between that Lumines game corrupt27 posted and that beautiful Elena game that was made for the 16 days later competition? :blink: That'd be really cool to see too :D

meko posted on Jul 23 2005 at 08:11 PM said:
Lumines for the gp32 would be so awesome! :D I really someone ports it! And don't give up Quiest, I bet you could make a really great Lumines game. :)

On a side note.. can anyone imagine a cross between that Lumines game corrupt27 posted and that beautiful Elena game that was made for the 16 days later competition? :blink: That'd be really cool to see too :D

I will try. My collision engine is kinda screwed up, have to completelythrow it away and try to make a better one :) I will try.

That is an awesome idea, the timeline goes round and round, but this is impossible to make in Fenix for the gp32 (no 3D, except some mode7 stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I haven't tried Lumines (can't afford a PSP any time soon) but from what I heard about it, I'd really like to see it ported.

Great work on sharing that source code with us (though I personally can't code :p)

Back