Port OS to other devices

CPUnltd

I know most all of the work around here has been for porting stuff to the pandora, but what about porting the pandora OS to other devices? Case in point, I own a samsung intercept, and I was just thinking to myself it would be great to have a lot of the Pandora's OS functionality (like SD installed software that pops up on the desktop when the card is loaded) that Android just doesn't have (unfortunately) as well as being an obviously more open platform than android... I know that PandOS is essentially a modified angstrom, but I would think PandOS would make a better smartphone fork/branch/remaster than angstrom in itself (granted I haven't had much experience dealing with angstrom on it's own, so I really have somewhat of a biased opinion, but still)... Is there anybody out there that would consider (or already have) getting the PandOS to run on smartphones (of course, adding features necessary for running on a smart phone like recognizing the 3G/4G or standard cellular radio hardware within the smartphone and linking it to some pre-installed software modified for this model or that model of phone so that it still has the ability to function as a real cellphone like Android has pulled off as well as offering VOIP options like sflphone or twinklephone, maybe even linphone... essentially fusing the PandOS and OpenMoko concepts together to a degree)... would project(s) like this be feasable, or am I just asking way too much of the open source community surrounding the Pandora? Personally, I think it's a cool concept and I would MUCH rather be running PandOS on my intercept than Android... even if Android DOES offer over 70,000 apps. I honestly think that port-ability (I know, nice pun, right) of the PandOS to other mobile devices would cause more development of software for it as well as raise it's general popularity.... granted, I can also comprehend the power of it's current exclusivity to the device it currently gives life to... But my curiosity burns too brightly to not at least ask the question:

CAN THIS BE DONE???

oh really? I take it the kernel would have modules that supported most/all the hardware for the "phone" functions then? On that same note, is there a "vanilla" build/source of the PandOS for such a project lying around?

Back