[POLL] TV-out cable questions.

Cable length

• Total voters

Surely a breakout lead with female connectors is the solution.

Then if people want a 10 foot cable, they could buy one and connect them together.

A Cool Idea is a Pandora Docking Station for charging,using TV Out to play with ICP on TV,using LineOut for Gaming Sound and a

USB Videograbber/USB TVCard inside for Recording TV directly over night or when you not Home and not using the Pandora.

Line In and Serial Ports can be used for IR Receivers for Remote Controls.

Line in for any other Audio Input from other Videosource Input Recording (Scart/Composite/SVHS)from the USB TV CARD.

I Call this Imagine Thing

The Pandora Multimedia Station.

Maybe with build in Hub and extra Wifi and 2 Playstation Controller Ports and the Genious Retrode2 for Gaming your Real Snes Games or Genesis Games and Speakers for Webradio :D

I Wish i can build anytime such a Station :rolleyes:

And all that make a TV-Out-SVHS-LineOut-LineIn Cable possible ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always make the cable a decent length and if that is not long enough for some them they can buy couplers and increase the length themselves.  Problem solved......PLEASE MAKE CABLES!  I will buy one when I buy my Pandora!  Dang it ASUS Tablet why you not selling so well...??!!!!!  I need my Pandora money!
That would work as long as couplers could be hooked up.

You start with a short cable.  If you need an extra two or three meters, you add it.  We don't need to have an EXT connector on both ends, simple RCA.  I highly suggest using an external controller for this type of setup.  The EXT connection isn't something that can withstand tugs & pulls over time.  I just see it as a stress point, so setting the Pandora next to the TV and using an external controller is the best option for minimal wear & tear on the Pandora itself.  And do you really want to be tugging on the PCB?

I voted for a long cable before reading the thread, but (assuming not deterioration of quality) I think I'd actually rather a very short cable to breakout box type approach, then I can just buy a cable of whatever length I like using the standard connectors available on the breakout box. Oh, and by breakout box, I mean whatever is easiest, so it doesn't have to be a box, can just be some male/female connectors as appropriate...

Out of interest, Linux-SWAT,  what prompted this poll now?   Are you intending to make a few?

- Neelix
I myself have a very long cable, thanks to Askarus, so it's ok when i play on TV. But with my pico projector, i think i'd prefer a very short to watch movies. Also, i wondered if everyone needs all options in the cable, resulting in a likely higher factory price.

You start with a short cable.  If you need an extra two or three meters, you add it.  We don't need to have an EXT connector on both ends, simple RCA.  I highly suggest using an external controller for this type of setup.  The EXT connection isn't something that can withstand tugs & pulls over time.  I just see it as a stress point, so setting the Pandora next to the TV and using an external controller is the best option for minimal wear & tear on the Pandora itself.  And do you really want to be tugging on the PCB?
No, I just want to be sure that my Pandy doesn't fall down anywhere if I should run out of slack on the cables. So either the controller cable or the TV cable needs to be long.

I prefer the TV Cable to be long and sit the Pandy in front of me...so that I don't have to get off my dead lazy ass and change games if I want to.

I prefer the TV Cable to be long and sit the Pandy in front of me...so that I don't have to get off my dead lazy ass and change games if I want to.
You should be able to do that with any connected external controllers, unless it involves changing SD cards, in which case just think of it as added emulation realism - like having to swap VCS carts!

Ah, I was thinking in terms of having both a USB keyboard and pad/stick connected via a hub (though there was this funky remote-sized bluetooth keyboard discussed waaay back that, like an iControlpad 2, would be handy).

Unless ESC/Space can be mapped to one of the extra keys/input functions on a joypad if no keyboard is connected? Anyone?

EDIT: I see there is/may be a way to do it - a tool called qjoypad that allows you to map the functions of a connected controller to key functions. Mentioned in this thread, see mcobit's post#4 there that links to the qjoypad tool thread. Not tried it myself, but in this context it looks like something to investigate...

For my money, it's better to just have the long cable!

And that can be done by using couplers, as long as the cables are made to work with standard couplers and av cables.

Back