Poll: First Batch Or Second?

Hoping to aggregate furious posting with some simple polling. Will you be getting a Pandra in the f

• First Batch. I feel comfortable with the pre-order system and look forward to being one of the firs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second Batch. (Includes non-pre-order) I want to wait until the Pandora is completed and see some r

• Wait and see. I'm comfortable with my GP32/GP2X/Wiz/Abacus, at the moment I've got no firm plans to

• Total voters

TrevorBradley

I know there's a furry of posting lately. Will the Pandora make the pre-order date, will it be ready by the 30th, people feeling uncomfortable or comfortable with the pre-order process. I hope this post doesn't add to the group of headless chickens (great analogy, BTW), and that a poll would be a better way to aggregate data without spurious commentary. Mods, if this is just one more post in a forum spiralling out of control, feel free to close or nuke it.

I'm very curious to gauge the amount of "second batch" supporters (like me). I'm very enthusiastic about the Pandora, but I'm cautious and would rather wait to see the first impartial reviews come in, even if it means I won't see one until January.

My main concern, I'm worried that weak pre-orders will make Craig & Co a bit hesitant after a "low" amount of pre-orders. It's my suspicion that a number of us are "wait and see". If it's as good as advertised, it's one more Pandora sale, just not a pre-order.

I have never been so sure of something in my life. I was young when i got my gp2x, and i waited a long time until it was proven to work properly. I know thats probobly the smarter option, but i think its time to throw my life into something. As soon as i get the pandora i plan to learn and start developing on it. I can hardly wait, i think this is my mid teen crisis.

Chip said:
This poll already exists.

Yeah I was wondering why there was a sense of Deja vu with this title.
First batch is my plan though. As chip has reiterated MANY times, use the search function, We all know you and almost everyone else here is excited :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You need too more options:

Second Batch. I want to make sure that all the HW bugs are going to get worked out before I get one, but I will be getting one.
Second Batch. I have no money for it right now and I'll have to wait, but I want one!

I'm not uncertain about this device at all, but I'm poor and I'll have to wait. I can't choose any of the three.

I'll be ordering a week after the Sep 30 pre-order date. That way, I'll know all the die-hard fans and all the coders will have ordered before me. And if they're sold out by the time I order, at least someone with more development intentions will have gotten one instead of me, and I'll wait for the 2nd batch. If they're not sold out, I'll benefit from a first batch unit, and all the devs will have gotten their chance as well!

I'm not going to be able to buy one for the next 5-6 months (unless I get a lucky burst of money). Right now I'm saving up to move away and don't have much in the way of spare money, however if I did I would totally pre-order, I bought the GP2X soon after becoming aware of it's existence only because I believed in the community developing for it. This is sort of the same feeling, The community is what makes this device appeal to me, but unlike the GP2X, this device is actually developed by the community, so that makes it even more exciting.

DawnOfTheRent said:
I'm not going to be able to buy one for the next 5-6 months (unless I get a lucky burst of money). Right now I'm saving up to move away and don't have much in the way of spare money, however if I did I would totally pre-order, I bought the GP2X soon after becoming aware of it's existence only because I believed in the community developing for it. This is sort of the same feeling, The community is what makes this device appeal to me, but unlike the GP2X, this device is actually developed by the community, so that makes it even more exciting.
Well I hope you for the best, but you worded it JUST perfectly :lol:

Mithrildor said:
Preorder , i only got no creditcard :( , so i have to find someone with a creditcard who can order one for me.
I'm preordering but I dont really have any money... Credit card? oops. Oh well, still have no interest for a few more months... I can not pass this up.

id love to get one from the first batch, but i want an new guitar as well, so i wait till the second one.

in either case, i will have the money :D

I'm hoping preorder, but they really do need to tell us how the hell this is all gonna work. I can understand the occasional gaff or delay, but this is getting to be some serious BS. This late in the game, if they still don't know what's going to go down on the 30th it won't happen. Point is, they're completely aware of how the preorder system is going to work, how long does it take to write up a quick e-mail instead of leaving us in the dark?

Ill be buying from the second batch unless the 1st batch takes a while to sell out on account of not having the cash spare atm.

Back