Pandora PndAid PHP library

milkshake

Advanced Member
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would begin the rewrite of the repo by building some tools.

The first thing any budding pnd repo developer needs is a way to interrogate pnd files and get information from them.

I have created a small PHP library called PndAid which is Open Source and on GitHub!

Go check it out and improve it for me.

https://github.com/milkshakeuk/PndAid

Todo:

Add ability to extract screenshots (have some working code just need to integrate it nicely into PndAid).

Validate PXML files/data

Ask any questions you wish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that a new repo version is still on your agenda. Would it be possible to extract the readme too ?

Nice to see that a new repo version is still on your agenda. Would it be possible to extract the readme too ?
Possibly, it relies on it being in the pxml but I think because there is no standard format for readme files (txt.,PDF,HTML) it wouldn't be something other than a separate download if it was used.

Possibly, it relies on it being in the pxml but I think because there is no standard format for readme files (txt.,PDF,HTML) it wouldn't be something other than a separate download if it was used.
Could you not check the have the  extractor check the format of the readme, and display it if possible when requested? (offering it as attachment otherwise)

- Neelix

Could you not check the have the  extractor check the format of the readme, and display it if possible when requested? (offering it as attachment otherwise)

- Neelix
I would only do this if there was an agreed standard for pnd readme files.

Can we stick to the topic of PndAid, any suggestion for the repo should go in the repo thread where ever that is 

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/2682-public-beta-test/

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/8314-rating-software-on-repoopenpandoraorg//URL]

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14597-feedback-on-repoopenpandoraorg/

if anyone can find the announcement thread that could do as well.

Could a moderator please move posts not related to the improvement of PndAid into the right threads thanks?

Update:

Added ability to extract files from ISO pnd archives, will implement Squashfs soon, check the git if you are interested or want to contribute.

Hope this isn't too Off Topic, but what are/will be the requirments for hosting a repo (php version, database, etc.) ?

Of course there will but I haven't started working on the repo part yet so I don't have any concrete requirements.

But I would say a database mysql/mariadb but you could always write your own db repository and make use of other types of databases, php 5.3/4 probably and cakePhp.

Hope this isn't too Off Topic, but what are/will be the requirments for hosting a repo (php version, database, etc.) ?
This is not a repo but a "library" to manage PND files from PHP. There is no database code in this.the PHP version requierement seems to be 5.

EDIT: ninja'd by the author himself

Of course there will but I haven't started working on the repo part yet so I don't have any concrete requirements. But I would say a database mysql/mariadb but you could always write your own db repository and make use of other types of databases, php 5.3/4 probably and cakePhp.
thanks
This is not a repo but a "library" to manage PND files from PHP. There is no database code in this.

the PHP version requierement seems to be 5.

EDIT: ninja'd by the author himself
I know, that is why I deemed my question to be off topic. I would be interested in hosting my own (private) repo - nothing special, just some self made pnds that contain copyrighted data and therefore can not be on the official repo.

Update:

Added ability to extract files from Squashfs pnd archives, check the git if you are interested or want to contribute.

Added ability to validate the PXML xml

re-factored the code added method to extract preview pics from archive to PndFile class, check the git if you are interested or want to contribute.

Back