Beta Pnd_Run.sh

Haha, ok. :)

Anyway, I'm just glad that it worked out ok - I guess installing it from an unreliable card didn't help. :lol:

Prometheus, can you please tell me which SD card you were using before? That's a good thing to add to the SD compatibility list:
http://pandorawiki.org/SD_compatibility_list

^ Certainly.

It was a Verbatim Class 6 Premium HD Video 32GB SDHC Card (sold by Amazon UK here).

Taking a quick glance at the compatibility list, its behaviour was similar to the description of the 32GB Class 4 Kingston one - random file corruption (due to bad writes) and write-losses kept occurring regardless of what filesystem I was using, and it frequently fell victim to bouts of corruption that led to it being mounted as read-only, as well (I was lucky to get the current revision of my novel off of it, when it did that the last time, and it was only fortunate that it occurred when I was trying to copy everything to the new SanDisk card :p ). When it got into that state, and it often did for no apparent reason after a few weeks/months of normal use, it would cause the thrashing problem that I described earlier in this thread (leading to very long Pandora boot-up times), and sometimes needed to be ejected and re-inserted several times before the OS would recognise it, once booted, also.

It seems to be safe for read-only usage, as I reformatted it and have my music rips on it now (which don't need to be written to at all), and am encountering no further troubles. That doesn't make it a useful card for anyone else, though - it just means that it's not going to waste for me. :p

At the time of the problems with this version of pnd_run.sh, I was using FAT32. When I first got my Pandora I was using ext2 on the same card - the problems with it were apparent right away, but I just thought it was software bugs. :p So, it doesn't play nice with either of those. I never tried ext3 or ext4, but I would guess that it would behave the same for those, too, given that it doesn't like ext2.

Updated download link with an updated version.
Changes since last publication :
- removed the nice loging : it was (in some rare ocasion) causing some performance issues (dont expect that yor pandora will fly, you shouldnt even notice this one)
- changed the way the PND are mounted. should fix the well know issues amongst dev : you cannot overlay file existing in the PND.

Same download link

My favourite browser, Links2, no longer works. I tried starting it a few times, and it simply doesn't run.

.out file:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//links.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/links
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/links"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/links=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/utmp/links=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/links"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (./start.sh ) ----------
Starting!
LIB=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/lib
PATH=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
HOME=/mnt/utmp/links
info: not changing nub mode.
info: starting links2.
././start.sh: line 16: links: command not found
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (./start.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Could you add a link to the old version somewhere? I'd like to switch back if this isn't fixed quickly...

EDIT: One more thing. I don't know if it's related, but "suspend" mode didn't seem to work properly when I flicked the power switch while running gpSP. After a while, stuttery music started in the background, with the lid closed. It stopped after a few minutes, because my Pandora turned off (I accidentally left my battery running low, so I couldn't check the .out file to see what happened).

EDIT2: Yeah, I can confirm that the above happens.

updated the download to fix :
- http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59568-hardcore-fight-wings-of-wor-tests/
- an issue related to symlinks I got reported on irc.

keep the reports coming so we will have it fully working for HF6 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
updated the download to fix :
- http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59568-hardcore-fight-wings-of-wor-tests/
- an issue related to symlinks I got reported on irc.

keep the reports coming so we will have it fully working for HF6 ;)

I have installed this update and now Pandora not run none pnd aplication. :(

You old pnd_run.sh will be backuped.
:lol: :lol: Fixed!

peelie said:
this version seems seriously borked ?
yes :blush:

fixed
sorry about that.
for those traped with that as oskarzer0 pointed, use the backuped file ;)

Possible bug: after I exit a program, it restarts instead of closing. It happened so far with PNDstore (v1.0 beta) and Links2. It happens after the programs have been open for a while; if I just open them and then immediately close them, they close normally.

A good an a bad news....
GOOD : Just installed the latest version of PND_run and now java progs/games do run...correctly :)

BAD : the issue with Wings_of_Wor persist..it couldn't run ....maybe the author need to fix the PND ?

Farox said:
BAD : the issue with Wings_of_Wor persist..it couldn't run ....maybe the author need to fix the PND ?
Hum, works here

May I see the /tm/pndrun_Wing*.out ?

hi

not sure if this already reported but i still have problems autostarting Conky and Wbar; i.e sometimes they autostart and sometimes they don't, or one autostarts and the other doesn't

cheers

peelie said:
hi

not sure if this already reported but i still have problems autostarting Conky and Wbar; i.e sometimes they autostart and sometimes they don't, or one autostarts and the other doesn't

cheers
This havent been repported yet. Do you have more info I could use to start debugging ?

sebt3 said:
Hum, works here

May I see the /tm/pndrun_Wing*.out ?

sorry but no /tmp/pndrun_xxxx.out file.... :huh:
I have installed the PNDrun _installer.pnd from 03/06/11 there is a newer version ?

if use this in a terminal window:
Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/EMULATORI/pandora/apps//WingsOfWor.pnd" -e "./WingsOfWor.sh" -b "Wings_Of_Wor"

the game run and this is the pndrun_...out file:

Code:
PND             : /media/EMULATORI/pandora/apps//WingsOfWor.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/EMULATORI/pandora/appdata/Wings_Of_Wor
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./WingsOfWor.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/Wings_Of_Wor"
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/Wings_Of_Wor': Not a directory
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/EMULATORI/pandora/appdata/Wings_Of_Wor=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/Wings_Of_Wor=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/Wings_Of_Wor"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (./WingsOfWor.sh ) ----------
Port By GECA soft
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (./WingsOfWor.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/Wings_Of_Wor': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/Wings_Of_Wor': Not a directory
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

Back