Pnd_Run.sh

renegadechic

i am not sure if it is the script or the pnd going wrong, but i have never been able to get scummvm to run (as well as zelda classic).

when i run i get this error:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 37: ././runscummvm.sh: Permission denied

what i dont know however is whether it is the pnd or the script going wrong. i am pretty sure i am up to date with software.

i hope i am not missing something obvious, but either way i am at a loss

What is your SD card formatted as? Regular FAT or did you reformat to EXT2/3? A permission error sounds like it was formatted EXT2/3 and the permissions are not right.
If you've left it regular FAT I'll have to think about it. FAT32 doesn't exactly have a strict permission system so read and execute should generally not be restricted.

Got the same error.
But aren't those scripts from pnd live in /mnt/utmp not on FAT32 card filesystem itself? I have never read through pnd documentation but I believe /mnt/utmp could be the place where the ISO image from pnd is mounted.

Morn said:
Got the same error.
But aren't those scripts from pnd live in /mnt/utmp not on FAT32 card filesystem itself? I have never read through pnd documentation but I believe /mnt/utmp could be the place where the ISO image from pnd is mounted.
The ISO/squashfs image is mounted within /mnt/pnd, then it is union-mounted on /mnt/utmp with the appdata directory as write mode.

So you're right, the permission problem come from the PND. Are you sure you have the lastest official one ?
(I didn't used it myself but...)
EDIT: Just tested using the wonderfull vminko vnc pandora : no problem here ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, just had a check. definitely FAT32 and also definitely the latest PND.

i just dont get it :-/

here is the full out, which i feeli should post after you guys mentioning it should mount on /mnt/pnd:

rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': no such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop1
Filetype is ISO
sudo mount /dev/loop1
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[-------]{App Start}[------]
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 37: ././runscummvm.sh: Permission denied
[-------]{App End}[--------]
cleanup done

okay, i finally got around to reflashing and now everything works fine

both scummvm and zelda classic, all good.

strange that it all went kaput. ah well!

Back