Please Help! Freelauncher Problems

BadSikander

Still Fresh
I apogise in advance for my stupidity: I have only just got a FLU GP and have downloaded all the initial bits and pieces, registered etc. and have put Freelauncher on the SMC. I went into Freelauncher before copying any files to use with it (probably a mistake I now realise) and get the Korean message with FXE and A in it.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to then get out of this screen. The only button that seems to have any effect at all is the A button - but this just causes the message to disappear for a second before reappearing.

If I turn the GP off and on again it automatically restarts Freelauncher and goes to the Korean message again. This means I can't get to the menu to start PC Link to alter / delete it. I've tried holding Select as I start up but this has no affect, Freelauncher always just reloads straight after the Gamepark logo appears and I'm back to that message...

What do I do to shut Freelauncher down? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try turning your GP32 with no SMC in it - if it still loads, then turn it off, unplug the batteries, and let it stew for a while (like 5-10 minutes - easily long enough to have the ram corrupt itself into unrecognisability) and then try again. If it *still* comes up, even without the SMC in, then something that should not be possible has happened, and freelauncher would seem to have flashed itself to your bios. Which is odd.

Or it isn't actually freelauncher. Try holding select when you turn the GP on, and see if that does anything - it probably won't, but its worth a try.

Anyways, once you've done that, I strongly recommend formatting the SMC, seeing that its probably empty anyway bar Freelauncher, and then downloading a couple of .fxe files into GPMM before you next run it. You might also want to investigate flashing, but there is, as always, a risk associated with that - but it would eliminate the need for Freelauncher completely.

Hope that helps :)

Taking out the batteries and SMC eventually did the trick (had to leave it like that overnight).

Everything now working fine.

Many thanks for the help.

Back