Freelauncher Troubles

spongebue

Website
Visit site
I just got back from a trip from Branson, MO and was happy to finally get my gp32_console in the mail when I got back. It took a little bit, but I managed to install the FreeLauncher and app loader for the PC. Now I cannot figure out where to put the files. Whenever I try the FreeLauncher, I has a message that is mostly in Korean starting with "FXE" and has an "A" towards the end. I saw another thread saying the freelauncher wasn't needed for the BLUs, and if that's somehow the case for me (unlit) I still cannot figure it out. Can someone help me out?

BTW, I am quite happy with everything else so far on this unit. The MP3 sounds good considering the speaker size and the screen looks great :)

I suppose that depends what files you are trying to use =)

Most GP32 applications are distributed as .fxe files. These should be placed in GPMM directory of your SMC.

Hi and welcome to the gp32 community first :)
This has been asked quite a few times, a sticky with this would be good.

As you have a BLU you already have a firmware (=BIOS) installed that does not require this strange looking korean freelauncher anymore!
Just connect your GP32 with smc inserted with the USB cable to your PC, launch your favourite file transfer program and get the files over. Anything with the ending *.fxe goes into gp:/gpmm .
More info here:
http://www.gp32eu.com/support.htm

Have fun with your new toys and delete freelauncher; you dont need it ;)

Nah, what I meant was that I did NOT have a BLU, but I was thinking that this was a Euro version and would possibly have the same firmware flash (I lurked around here months ago, and it's taking a while to get caught up in all this, so I could be way off) since this is pretty much the exact same symptoms in another thread, but that guy had a BLU.

also, this is a .fxe file, SNES9x to be exact.

Sorry if my writing didn't make sense, I just got up :rolleyes:

Make sure your smc is formatted in pclink. Put the fxe files in the gpmm directory. Check the readme of the games that you install on how to install the rest of the files if there are any. Install fpk files though file -> install in pclink.

I got the freelauncher installed ok before, but about 15 minutes ago I got it going :D

Thanks for the help, the GPMM directory tippped me off the most, I think I had the problems because I put that all into a subdirectory

You said you were trying to install snes9x, Stop, Try Os9xgp, Its sooo much better, Faster, Go on give it a go. Although it not full speed, Yet.

Trooper

Back