playstation....

Yes but i find it funny that there is source code in the downloads page :lol: and about 650 mb cds, don't copy the music/videos B)

i can see it now, metal gear solid on the gp32 B)

quite a few could be ripped to fit on 128mb SMC but it wont happen which corners down very very few games that would meet the criteria :) this would be a task for someone with a VERY lot of time oin there hands

Man, i wish that the gp32 would use compact flash instead of SMC, the compact flash capacity is now up to 2gb! 0_o

A few key words from the system requirements: Good video card

The last time I checked my GP32 didn't have a Geforce 4 sticking out the back. You'd never have a chance at making PSX emulation work at a playable speed with even the most brilliant programmers in the world.

you dont need a geforce 4 to play PSX. The gp32 is capable of the graphics but speed is practically impossible. but i still pray and hope maybe someone in the world can make it possible.

Hmmm - 650Mb CDs? 128Mb SMC?

How?
It's possible...

You can get PS1 games cut down to about 30 MB in size from *cough* a certain highly popular file-sharing utility whose name I will not mention *cough*. The PS1 Megaman game (forgot the name) is apparently <20 MB without music and FMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is possible to connect a CD-ROM to the gp32 using the serial port problem is using the software to access it.

But what u could have is something that slips on the back of the gp3d using a laptop cd-rom that pops up from the top u could have that interface to the gp32 and add an extra battery pack for the cd-rom good thing is cd-rom dosent take tomuch power :)

But yeah this is still way off :p

But what u could have is something that slips on the back of the gp3d using a laptop cd-rom that pops up from the top u could have that interface to the gp32 and add an extra battery pack for the cd-rom
Did you read your own post before clicking reply. The thought of the gp32 runing anything along th lines of a n64 or ps1 is crazy. Think about it for 1 second and you will relize how silly it is.

Can we please just get a perfect nes and snes emu first? :blink:

MGS rocks though! That would be sooo sweet on the gp32, but my hopes aren't too high. :D

Remember, Ridge Racer ran from the PS1 memory, you could take the CD out after loading. I'm sure there are a few other games the same. Still would be some bit of coding...

i can see it, most of the games didnt take up that much data anyways, most of it was audio. (some stuff like final fantasy took up alot though, but take away the movies and it can happen)

Their may be individual game ports but there will NEVER be true Playstation emulation on current handhelds. If you think no sound and stripped down games running at 2 fps is emulation then maybe...

ash =o

This will never happen, not at a playable speed. The GP has no 3d hardware like a PC has. It would have to take on the grunt of emulating both graphics and processor, as well as IO systems..

Actually, cancel the above. have a read of this (bad) translation:

They follow hour of the detailed lists a po' piu` realistic for several atmospheres.

3.1 Sistemi Intel™ with systems operated to you Microsoft™ * CPU Pentium Intel, AMD or of other marks, AT LEAST 166 MHz, for having a nearly real emulazione.
* It takes advantage of extensions MMX, 3DNow! and SIMD, if they are present.
These thanks to the architecture fines-engine.
At the moment of the drawing up of this document, solo the present MDEC e` in optimized version. The currently present GTE e` only in the written version ' universale' in C.
* One whichever acceleratrice card 3D e` sure of aid.
Unfortunately at the moment the only solution e` to take advantage of the plugin written the PSEmuPro standard second.
* For being able to listen to the sonorous one, card goes one well whichever in a position to being used in Windows atmosphere and, therefore, from a plugin for the PSEmuPro.
* A reader CD-ROM at least 2X.
* A mouse, wanting to emulate device SCPH-1030 * FPSE e` be tested on following arranges operated to you: - Windows 95 - Windows 98 - Windows NT 4.0 - Windows NT 2000 Without giving some problem of compatibilita`.

The pocket version runs 2d games at between full and half speed (on a 206mhz arm chip), in unoptimised C. The optimised version with 3d is due soon. You know this might actualy be possable to a certain degree. Even if it's only 2d it will still be very cool. Has anyone actually tested it on an Ipaq or jornada? The gist of the PC specs seem to say that it needs a 486, but I 166 is required for decent emulation. I might just be a believer.

Back