Playing Video Throught Bob's Tv Out - Problem!

emumanx

Still Fresh
Website
home.rochester.rr.com
Just the other day I got myself a Break out board (BoB) only to find out it requires it's own power supply to even get the GP2x to turn on with it attached. I then found out that I also need to power the GP2x at the same time, as it doesn't pass the power back to GP2x from the BoB as I had hoped it would. So I got the whole thing working and thought "hey lets see the video on the Big screen from the BoB" seeing as the games look awsome on the big screen. To my dismay all i get is a kind of strange black screen with static or a funny break of lines now and then?? Can anyone tell me if they have gotten a video to play back on the BoB through a TV? I even got the BoB to use my USB joystic and USB pen (used as ext memory) Would it be that I need to have both the BoB and GP2x on ac power? Right now Gp2x is on batteries (fully charged 2500mAh) and the BoB on a GPH ac adaptor. fyi I can play the same file on the LCD screen even when the bob is plugged in to the gp2x.

Any help would be great thanks!

EDIT---
I found a strange problem ! The video is now working through the BOB IF i use my PC monitor as an Svideo input (MCE laptop system) device. works 100% but when connected to my Hitachi video projector I get nothing from a movie? ? I know my projector max's out at 800x600 so I guess the bob displays over 800x600 rez (like the 720x480 maybe). Thought i'd put this bit of info up. It may be helpful to someone if they have a projector system too !

Back