Playing .mkv files?

Did you try http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Application/PanPlayer.inf ?

I had the best experience with it. If you know how to use a terminal, bash and extract files from pnd-files (in the background while they are mounted), then you can use the mplayer.sh-script that comes with it to run that version of mplayer without the pickle-launcher. I for example built myself a small script in order to watch dvb-t. Works nicely.

The mplayer.sh-script already mentions mkv-file-extension, so it should work for your needs. The performance is also the best i have seen so far. Though i didn't try all players yet (vlc).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get an error, it is essential to copy out exactly what it says, and put that information in your post. Nobody can help if the only information they have to go on is that there is an error message occurring. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
in other words, go into your filesystem>tmp>pndrun_*appname*.out copy the contents of this file, paste it into a spoiler tag or pastebin.com and post the link, .out file will usually tell you why your file fails to load/crash/has any problems, look it over quickly, you might be able to figure it out yourself before posting it to people here

I never had trouble playing them... thats weird.

Maybe you got a macabre combination of codecs in there and the problem isnt the container?

Back