playing Heavy Barrel or Ikari Warriors in MAME4ALL

llcameron

Still Fresh
I would like to play games like Ikari Warriors or Heavy Barrel on MAME4ALL, but these games featured a rotatable joystick that you would use to aim with. Is it possible to configure MAME4ALL to play these games on the Pandora? I guess using one of the nubs to aim, and then maybe one of the shoulder buttons to fire might be the least awkward way to do it, but I have no idea if its even possible to do this configuration on a per game basis in MAME4ALL. Any suggestions?

I've configured FrontLine in a workable fashion, it just takes some getting the hang of. I will try a similar setup in Heavy Barrel and see if it works. I'll post back in a few minutes.

When using the DPad to move about, I can't stop the gun from spinning. Might need to give this some more thought. Different setup than FrontLine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man. I know what you mean about weirdness, as you move left or right the gun rotates. Could you share how you configured front line to work? Another great game of the same type.

With FrontLine I made the firing the right shoulder button, grenades the left. DPad moves the player. I then used the various ABXY to point the weapon and a combination of them for diagonals.

Have fun!

I would like to play games like Ikari Warriors or Heavy Barrel on MAME4ALL, but these games featured a rotatable joystick that you would use to aim with. Is it possible to configure MAME4ALL to play these games on the Pandora? I guess using one of the nubs to aim, and then maybe one of the shoulder buttons to fire might be the least awkward way to do it, but I have no idea if its even possible to do this configuration on a per game basis in MAME4ALL. Any suggestions?
Mame4all doesnt support analog sticks yet this is a common problem with these type of games a good example is calibre 50 where you just spin around without moving or pressing any buttons i believe this is an early mame bug

It kills midnight resistance! I always had trouble with these games even on the pc. You need this bad boy
arcade-joyst-rotary-snk.jpg

Back