PinMAME

cranker

Still Fresh
Will it be possible to have PinMAME on Pandora? Anyone interested in this emulator? Does it even work properly? I have no idea but am very interested in classic pinball emulation. Any information would be appreciated.

cranker said:
Will it be possible to have PinMAME on Pandora? Anyone interested in this emulator? Does it even work properly?

I was into PinMAME years ago, and it was amazing then. Probably only got better and better. Haven't used it recently tho. You should try it on your PC. It's basically the original ROM's running on emulated hardware using user-rendered simulated tables. Many tables were really well done, including some of the fancier Williams tables.

As for a Pandora port - so long as the source code is out there, and is portable (i.e. not making heavy use of CPU-specific code) then a port is possible.

Does anyone know if a portable port has ever been made ? It would be so enjoyable to have these classic pinball games on a portable system with enough power to handle it. For some reason I enjoy emulated games on a portable and seem to use portable systems much more for this type of gaming, I never heard much about PinMAME. But it really would be AWESOME !!! I am sure there are plenty of pinball fans out there but is it possible ?and is there anyone willing to look into it ?

I would absolutely love to have this ported. As I am a big pinball fan, this would be awesome...

D)

Eisner said:
I would absolutely love to have this ported. As I am a big pinball fan, this would be awesome...

D)

I know you probably kno0w this but its worth adding here that the Amiga had some great pinball games!

Pinball dreams/fantasies and another that I cant recall.

These will be great played on the pandora.

Ah, it would be great, if in combination like visual pinball/pinmame you could play the table on the tv and the screen of pinmame would be on the pandora *dream*

The unfortanate problem here is that Visual Pinmame, the most popular pinball table simulator is a Visual Basic COM object that probably can't be ported to the Pandora because of it's MS Windows ties. I searched around the internet yesterday for a Linux equivalent and couldn't find anything. I would love to be proven wrong. Black Knight 2000 is my all time favorite table, and to be able to squeeze out a few games on the bus to work would be monumentally fun for me.

The WII Williams Pinball Hall of Fame!. :(
Plays the Following:

* Black Knight
* Firepower
* Funhouse
* Gorgar
* Pin*Bot
* Space Shuttle
* Taxi
* Whirlwind
* Jive Time
* Sorcerer

Another option would be Future Pinball. This is an excellent emulator which I have worked with quite a bit.

D)

I just found this via Google. It is Future Pinball run on Linux with Wine. States it needs 3D acceleration.

Here is the link: http://fprelease.free.fr/fpwine/ :D .
I now see in the Forums that Wine won't run on ARM architecture. :(

D)

Yep, it's a sad but unfortunate reality. Maybe someone can be convinced to try and convert visual pinball to Mono or something... Probably not. Damn, I wish I were a better coder.

Anyone out there interested and capable of taking this project on to see if it is possible. I love MAME and Would LOVE to be able to play pinball on this machine. There is nothing quite like arcade action :) something about it...................memories :) :) :)

I really doubt that there will be a Pandora version of Visual Pinball. The engine isn't open source and the owner of the intellectual property rarely makes an appearance. vpinmame has open source now.

It would be so great if it could be ported though!

So what are some of these good amiga pins?

Back