Pinebook Open-Source ARM based notebook (spectre safe)

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
custom linux os or something like debian?
It's a debian buster. The only thing not from the official debian repos are : u-boot, the kernel and gl4es (as far as I can see so far).
Strangely, they choosed to put an armhf debian instead of an arm64 though. that could be reflashed, but for what ? the kernel itself is aarch64 though.

I ordered a Pinebook pro too, it's supposed to arrive in february.. Good to read you're satisfied, it eases my mind a bit ;)
Ease it more than a little then. Hardware wise, it look very solid (unlike the not pro version). The screen is awsome : no glare, very large view angle and very clear. The device is very thin and very light too
Since gl4es is installed by default, games from the repo works as intended.
I've installed kde-plasma, and it behave just like on an x86_64 laptop, Chromium with many tabs do works. And still over 2.9G of free RAM.
ptitSeb confirmed that box86 should/will work on this too
So far my only issue is that netflix is not working out of the box (or maybe at all)

I dont see yet what not to like about it

Elw3

ƐʍlƎ
Hows the battery time on that thing?
I am looking for an ebook reader, but those arent any cheaper so i can probbaly just buy such a laptop.

sebt3

Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hows the battery time on that thing?
I am looking for an ebook reader, but those arent any cheaper so i can probbaly just buy such a laptop.
Code:
upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_rk_bat
  native-path:          rk-bat
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              mar. 14 janv. 2020 02:25:02 UTC (9 seconds ago)
  has history:          yes
  has statistics:       yes
  battery
    present:             yes
    rechargeable:        yes
    state:               discharging
    warning-level:       none
    energy:              41,5128 Wh
    energy-empty:        0 Wh
    energy-full:         41,5128 Wh
    energy-full-design:  0 Wh
    energy-rate:         2,81125 W
    voltage:             4,236 V
    time to empty:       14,8 hours
    percentage:          100%
    temperature:         18,8 degrees C
    capacity:            100%
    technology:          lithium-ion
    icon-name:          'battery-full-symbolic'

Elw3

ƐʍlƎ
Thanks
15 hours is a number i would be pleased with, provided the etimation isnt too far off.
Is energy-rate: 2,81125 W what is currently used? Appears to be ridicilous low for that big screen.

sebt3

Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Thanks
15 hours is a number i would be pleased with, provided the etimation isnt too far off.
Is energy-rate: 2,81125 W what is currently used? Appears to be ridicilous low for that big screen.
at that time only konsole and with backlighting at about 25%. Think about it as a usable maximum.
But imho 6-8 hours sound likely doable with a more normal use case (ith sme video in between and such)

Can I ask for a estimate duration at full tasking?
Define "full tasking", because for most definition of "full tasking" the cpu is sleeping most of the time :p