Pinball Dreams Audio

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi guys,

Has anyone noticed the audio problem on Pinball Dreams? The sound appears to be panned over to the right hand channel on both the Demo and the Commercial versions :( .

Clare.

hhhmmm havent noticed it... Ill have to go check.

Pinball Dreams has some nice audio I think :D

Yes it does have some nice audio....
However, on the GP32 version, it does fail sometimes, like in Nightmare, you hear it slow down. Personally I don't care about that, I would however prefer if it was mono instead of half panned into one ear.

Clare.

:( It is more to the left speaker for me (Left as in the speaker on my left when looking at the GP32's front)

Wish you didnt mention it now :p its gonna anoy me :) hehe

Maybe its possible to edit the file somehow :huh:

Steve-O posted on Sep 26 2004 at 10:34 AM said:
:( It is more to the left speaker for me (Left as in the speaker on my left when looking at the GP32's front)

Wish you didnt mention it now :p its gonna anoy me :) hehe

Maybe its possible to edit the file somehow :huh:

You may be right, I wonder if the music is in a MOD file, I will have to have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PD music sounds great through the speakers but simply awful with headphones. The developers used some crazy compression which might be to blame, I think (the whole game is only around 200Kb if I remember rightly).

Hidehi,

I checked and there's no MOD file :(.

I think Huxley is right, it does sound awfull on headphones, though, it's a shame they couldn't have put it into mono. I wonder if they ported it directly from the amiga, that machine had 4 channel audio, but not pannable, 2 channels were perminantly left and 2 perminantly right, so it was 4 channel mono or 2 channel stereo. Now I wonder if they had problems with the panning of channels?

I'm thinking of moding the cable on my headphones so I can swich them into mono, that would solve it for me :)!!!

Clare.

Hia,

I have just made a cable up for my headphones, a female jack to a male jack, on the male jack the left and right audio are connected together. This is like a mini extension cable for my headphones and it makes them mono! And if I want stereo, I simply plug the headphones back into the GP32 without the mini cable.

Problem solved!!! :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 28 2004 at 04:37 PM said:
Hia,

I have just made a cable up for my headphones, a female jack to a male jack, on the male jack the left and right audio are connected together. This is like a mini extension cable for my headphones and it makes them mono! And if I want stereo, I simply plug the headphones back into the GP32 without the mini cable.

Problem solved!!! :)

Cool :D... Im just gonna stick with the GP32 Speakers :D

OR, you could re wire your speakers in the GP32 so its like mono :D. (But I wouldnt do that )

Hellooo,

Well I usually use the speakers, except when I'm on a bus etc as it tends to annoy other peoplem or if I can't hear the audio due to other noise around me. That's when I prefer headphones!!!

TTFN,
Clare.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 28 2004 at 06:32 PM said:
Hellooo,

Well I usually use the speakers, except when I'm on a bus etc as it tends to annoy other peoplem or if I can't hear the audio due to other noise around me. That's when I prefer headphones!!!

TTFN,
Clare.

I have noticed in some programs the sound is louder on one side. I freaked out because I thought I had a dodgy unit when I used Frodo. It too sounds louder on the right side. I tried some other programs and it was then fine.

Ps. I like your quote I read in the other thread "'Had the tact of a Dalek" I will have to use that one :D

Back