Pimp up my PC!

Viking

Well, recently I bought a stationary PC. And I couldn't be happier with that choice (next to buying my Pandora <insert infinite hearts>)

The pictures, as you see, are the result of a two month online hunting, and got it for 700$

Spec time:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: Corsair Vengance 16 GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Power: Corsair CX600

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120 GB

HDD: 1 TB + 2 TB Western Digital

The SSD and extra RAM I bought later on. But as recently, I've started to lurk on DealExtreme. And here's my question.

Does anyone have any experience with decorating? Lighting I mean. Really want my PC to glow up when I'm going be living with 5 other guys who are gamers, to show off. And also I think Betty deserves some new jewelry :D

Also, I found this on DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/130w-900-2000rpm-quiet-cpu-heatsink-cooling-fan-with-pwm-speed-control-34473

Would anyone recommend it if I have an AMD system? And if this is actually any good?

Thanks in advance, and I hope I get some "respect" by y'all over this beauty :p

2011-12-02 01.51.24.jpg

2011-12-02 00.01.02.jpg

2011-12-02 00.01.31.jpg

2011-11-12 14.44.54.jpg

AMD is a good choice, especially under Linux and for virtualization purposes.

Gigabyte is currently a top choice for middle-end machines.

I prefer NVIDIA for the wonderful Linux support.

We don't see clearly the box.

I have a Corsair H 60, but me and my two brothers didn't have a clue how to install..

Why did I get a picture of I and my brothers as the three stooges..?

Why did I get a picture of I and my brothers as the three stooges..?
Only counts if you hit one of them over the head with a stick of memory. 8GB sticks hurt more than 4GB sticks, due to the extra rams.

I did use Ubuntu for a while, but I kept finding myself going back to W7. Imagine that I'm not the usual genius around here :p
Eh, not that big of a deal, use the OS that suits you best.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I want to fix it up with some lights and more neon, want that baby to SHINE!

So any tip on what kind of lightsbulbs, strips, lazers, led etc. I should get?

I was thinking if it exists, using LED strips, that are powered by SATA cables to light up inside? Or is that just stupid?

you do mean SATA power cables right?

I'm sure they do exist, but it might be cheaper/better to buy a bunch of LEDs, then use a series/parallel calculator to figure out how to arrange them, then power them with a molex connector. the reason being is that I've found female SATA ports hard to find, but the molex connectors are relatively easy

Back