Pimp New Knobs For My Gp2x's ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, DaveC, stop talking about "physics". Math makes my head hurt. I may have bought two of your "caps", but people like you make me sick.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 14 2006 at 09:12 PM said:
"just because for sure" makes no sense :p

fo' sho'. :p

ps. XGP reminds me of Xgl, which has no relation to each other, but is similar in the first to letters of the name-slash-acronym of one another. Check out the new graphics engine for linux, Xgl, which can be previewed in the Kororaa live cd. Pretty freekin' slick.

Last edited by a moderator:
wyefye posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:04 PM said:

:D :D :D

Anyway, DaveC is an expert on the stick. Trust his word.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:06 PM said:
wyefye posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:04 PM said:

:D :D :D

Anyway, DaveC is an expert on the stick. Trust his word.

Anyone with a drill-press, lathe, and cnc-mill can be a "expert". The problem is, not Everyone has access to these vital manufacturing tools and most are forced to use such things spoons to carve thier new stick cap out of dung instead of the hi-tech awesome cool Nylatron-GS. I've used all these machines before - I've got some news... its not exactally "hard".

---------
In the dark of the night, he stalks - silent. His heart and breathing steady, as he's readies himself to pounce on the next innocent n00b to cross his path with a stupid question.

- Quote from the big book of -not-yet-made-up quotes, pages 243-456.
Copyright Sir Ehii Eet Noobs, circa 1743.

wyefye posted on Mar 14 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
To DaveC:
- You really should back the fuck off and step down every once in a while. We understand that people like you NEED and CRAVE attention, but please, don't make it so obvious. Was also considering buying one of your "caps" - looks like youv'e lost a customer thanks to your lax people skills.
Listen li'l thugette, Dave may be pompous but he's also right. Calm yourself down a bit so that we can all take you more seriously ;)

In retrospect, i do beleive i did go a bit overboard. BUT - i also beleive i speak for most people.

Also, iignotus, let me make this perfectally clear-
I'm No Thuggette.
I'm not trying to be someone im not, like 75% of America.

Fun and Games man - jus' be keepin' it real. Fo' shizzle. :p

Edit: for the fun of it.

Cool cap! Glad it works for you, but I think i'll stick with mine, I don't have much money in my "gp2x cap upgrade" fund.

Silver and black dont match very well.. That thing 'sticks' out too much from the black color. and no im not talking about people... Since they use gold

For the record, I was being sarcastic in my inital reply. Though IRL I despise the use of ghetto slang, I fully understood the manner in which it was used in this topic. (I still say you should lower it; I once tried to use a golf Tee as a cap ... it felt like the handle on that TV game show The Joker's Wild.)

Carry on. Suckas. :p

wyefye posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
To DaveC:
- You really should back the fuck off and step down every once in a while. We understand that people like you NEED and CRAVE attention, but please, don't make it so obvious. Was also considering buying one of your "caps" - looks like youv'e lost a customer thanks to your lax people skills.

Don't know what crawled up your ass. First I don't "need and crave" attention, I don't give a shit. Second I was just making a point a point that may have helped make his cap better. I am not here just to please you sorry. Maybe YOU should "back the fuck off". I really didn't say anything bad either, so don't know what got your panties in a bunch ;)

Bleeg posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
Yeah at DaveC at stop talking about "physics".  Math makes my head hurt.  I may have bought two of your "caps", but people like you make me sick.

What? someone that talks about physics makes you sick? What is your problem? And if you wanted to make a bigger impact you would have said that you "going to buy 10 caps but now I am not because you had some info and posted it". How DARE someone give some constructive criticism? Jesus :rolleyes:

torpor posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:30 AM said:
anyway, i just wanted to share, no need to get all .. religious .. about the caps issue.  i thought you guys might be interested in a little creative bling being applied to the worst problem of the GP2X, and fixing it for good .. but since there is 'only one perfect cap solution', please excuse me for having an opportunity to do something about it in my case, and then doing it ..

and the offer still stands; if anyone wants to try the silver cap on their gp2x, i can arrange it.

Topor,

We like the caps. From looking at the side it looks like the design can be lowered for those that mentioned they like lower caps by just shortening the stem, a pretty easy mod. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I may be a bit strong when making a point but I am not saying "your caps suck" and I hope you didn't take it like that. It IS cool that you did this thanks for showing it, how many pure silver caps are there? Yours are unique and that is cool. Now you could have some silver buttons made to match. That would be kind of cool as it would all tie together. Peace.

Wow, people need to calm down a little bit. This forum always gets out of control, more than any other I visit. What is with all the swearing? Is this how you people talk in public? It gets a little out of control on here sometimes.

I'm not sure how it would control that far up, but does your cap get caught on things? Mine gets caught on my pocket every once in a while, and mine is still the standard low one. Why doesn't GPH make some replacement caps? I know if I use mine for an entire year it will wear out or pop off and get lost.

Thanx,
Stan

DaveC

Someone has finally just gotten tired of your "constructive criticism", namely, Me.

Thread not locked yet, amazing.

wyefye posted on Mar 14 2006 at 11:07 PM said:
DaveC

Someone has finally just gotten tired of your "constructive criticism", namely, Me.

Yeah ... I'm waiting for everyone to get their last jabs in. <_<

wyefye posted on Mar 15 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
DaveC

And I was the only one giving it? Go back and read from the beginning. It looks like there were many more comments, much worse than mine. Why aren't you flaming them too?

DaveC posted on Mar 14 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
wyefye posted on Mar 15 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
DaveC

And I was the only one giving it? Go back and read from the beginning. It looks like there were many more comments, much worse than mine. Why aren't you flaming them too?
Yeah, like mine! I compared the gaudy stick to my very own testicles! I mean, how grotesque is that! B)

DaveC posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:40 PM said:
Bleeg posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
Yeah at DaveC at stop talking about "physics".  Math makes my head hurt.  I may have bought two of your "caps", but people like you make me sick.

What? someone that talks about physics makes you sick? What is your problem? And if you wanted to make a bigger impact you would have said that you "going to buy 10 caps but now I am not because you had some info and posted it". How DARE someone give some constructive criticism? Jesus :rolleyes:
I'm disappointed in your ability to detect sarcasm. I was making fun of some of the other posts. BTW, I didn't say I was *going* to buy two caps, I said I *did* buy two caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back