Picodrive Mega Cd Format

SammyCRX

Still Fresh
I've downloaded some Mega CD roms to use with the PicoDrive. I took a guess and figured pasting the zipped files into the roms folder was the way to go - out of the 7 that I tried, only 2 worked, but this was encouraging at least. Batman Returns worked perfectly (with no sound, although I think I might know why this is). Hook did work, but took forever to load. The others all either froze after the Sega screen or just went to a black screen. The files types that are zipped seem to be MP3 files and another file which I think was called an NTI iso file. Are these the correct ones to use with Picodrive, or am I getting it all wrong? Do I just need to mess around with the settings perhaps?

Thanks,
Sam

Check the read me files for full support details, however I use ISO files. Some need the MP3 files separate there are instructions on how to do this (as well as compressing tips) in the read me too.

For the games that freeze try changing the mega cd emulation settings. Some features need turning on and off to get games working. Also remember the settings don't save so you will need to do it everytime you launch a new game

foleyjo said:
Check the read me files for full support details, however I use ISO files. Some need the MP3 files separate there are instructions on how to do this (as well as compressing tips) in the read me too.

For the games that freeze try changing the mega cd emulation settings. Some features need turning on and off to get games working. Also remember the settings don't save so you will need to do it everytime you launch a new game

Thanks for the help, I had forgotten there was a read me file with the emulator (I bought it with everything already installed). My mistake was copying in the actual folders as well, once I tried copying in all the files directly to the roms folder I found that it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back