Pico Projectors

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Heya. It was my birthday today, and I didn't get anything, as I couldn't think of anything to ask for!

Anyway I got to thinking, and I quite like the look of these pico projectors. I'd mainly be using one for watching DVDs and possibly the odd gaming session.

This is what I was looking at:

http://www.rxsdevices.com/products/products_rxsppr4803.html

Does anyone have any experience with pico projectors? Are they any good?

Failing that, can you think of any other cool gadgets I could ask for?

Thanks!

By the way, I was also looking at the Camileo S10 HD Video Recorder if anyone knows anything about those?

You really don't want a pico projector.

Instead look for a decent DLP on ebay for about the same money.

12 lumens isn't good, I would look for 1000 lumens minimum, 2000 lumens would be better.

Also you will need a projection screen and a completely dark room. (as in, so dark if you wake up in it you will wonder if your eyes are open.)

Depending on the budget, maybe instead a 1080p 24" PC screen for $190, it can probably double as your gaming screen if your console outputs 1080p on HDMI, and if you can find a 1080p tuner you can use it for TV as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to clarify, a pico projector would not be a good choice to watch dvds in a room that is about 6x6 metres in size?

Anyway lol, I bit the bullet and bought the projector anyway. It looks good for what I want, and given the size of my room, a full-size projector and screen would be impractical, and I pretty much live in the dark anyway. If anyone is interested, I'll post a review when I get it.

£130 by the way. Cheap as chips.

where did you get it ? and let me knwo if its anygood i was looking at something liek this the other day but it was an aiptek one.

'CABBAGES' said:
where did you get it ? and let me knwo if its anygood i was looking at something liek this the other day but it was an aiptek one.
I did get it, and it is indeed brilliant. I'll write up a review when i get some time either tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: oh, WHERE did I get it? I bought it on Ebay, for about £140. That's their rough selling price on there at the moment.

Just hope the the bulb don't go on it too soon. As some cheap projectors replacement bulbs are generally more expensive than the projector itself. Any good make should provide a free spare bulb. The projectors that I use in work usually have a bulb life of 8000-10000 hours. Roughly 3-4 years at moderate usage it'll last for each bulb. :)

Tag5 said:
Just hope the the bulb don't go on it too soon. As some cheap projectors replacement bulbs are generally more expensive than the projector itself. Any good make should provide a free spare bulb. The projectors that I use in work usually have a bulb life of 8000-10000 hours. Roughly 3-4 years at moderate usage it'll last for each bulb. :)
It's LED, so no bulb.

'Nova' said:
EDIT: oh, WHERE did I get it? I bought it on Ebay, for about £140. That's their rough selling price on there at the moment.
I'm unable to find them at that price on ebay most are about 250 or up euro's.
Any search text or links would be welcome...

thankx

CODE
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=pico+media&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Here ya go :)

Back