Pickle Launcher To Rule Them All?

meandu229

Zubeman
Website
www.zubeonline.com
Could pickle launcher be configured to hunt for many files types e.g gb,gbc,sms,n64,zip file types and then run the correseponding emulator for that file?
I think this would make giving the pandora to others easier as when I let others play I always have to set up and then let them play but if there was just a pickle launcher and I had my roms all nice a neatly inside the system folders then they could do it them selves?

edit:This could probably do with going into (Cool Ideas and other wishes [Pandora]) if a mod could, thats what I get for having lots of tabs open at once.

meandu229 said:
Could pickle launcher be configured to hunt for many files types e.g gb,gbc,sms,n64,zip file types and then run the correseponding emulator for that file?
I think this would make giving the pandora to others easier as when I let others play I always have to set up and then let them play but if there was just a pickle launcher and I had my roms all nice a neatly inside the system folders then they could do it them selves?

edit:This could probably do with going into (Cool Ideas and other wishes [Pandora]) if a mod could, thats what I get for having lots of tabs open at once.

Yes it can be configured to show many extensions that are each configured for a specific application.

Edit: Although you would only be allowed to use an extension once with one application. For example zip would be limited to one application. So if you used zip's with multiple emu's this wouldnt works. A different profile.txt would have to be setup for each emu that used zips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
meandu229 said:

Yes it can be configured to show many extensions that are each configured for a specific application.

Edit: Although you would only be allowed to use an extension once with one application. For example zip would be limited to one application. So if you used zip's with multiple emu's this wouldnt works. A different profile.txt would have to be setup for each emu that used zips.

Could some quick extracting of the zip and checking the internal file extension help?
also a quick check of the path with a list of predetermined values e.g. "gbc,gb,nes,snes"
Add some crude file checking to launch the relevant emulator?

PokeParadox said:
Pickle said:
meandu229 said:

Could some quick extracting of the zip and checking the internal file extension help?
also a quick check of the path with a list of predetermined values e.g. "gbc,gb,nes,snes"
Add some crude file checking to launch the relevant emulator?

yeah I think so, if i can extract and take a peak at the internal files it could be made to work too

That would really be great for stuff like mednafen and xmess (both work on the Pandora) :)

Pickle said:
EvilDragon said:
That would really be great for stuff like mednafen and xmess (both work on the Pandora) :)

mednafen works really? got a link?

Well, I just downloaded the package from Debian ARM, maybe included some libs and ran it :)
Didn't PND it up, since it was missing a proper Launcher :D

I can send what I did on it so far later tonight.

Last edited:
Back