GP2X Php

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Website
Visit site
How hard would this be? And would anyone want to take this on? I am an avid PHP programmer, and love to code it, and would love to be able to code it on my GP2X. ^_^

Probably won't be any problem at all, you'd just grab the debian ARM php build and you could probably simply install it

Would you not also need to get networking, a web server, a web browser and various other stuff working first?

No, that's only if you plan to run the web part, You can run PHP from it's CGI without that, but I would like to see a web server soon enough.

PHP can be coded from the CGI, and then, if you have a web server, you can use PHP for web pages and such, but it isn't required. Like PHP-GTK, that allows you to build windowed apps and is executed from the CGI, you can't even USE it on a web server.

I think I just got it

I have another question, do you think apache for Debian arm would work on the GP2X?

Sure, it will probably run, but if you simply want to run php, I'd recommend a smaller webserver like boa , also you need a net connection to you gp2x to view stuff (or use the debian "lynx" arm port and the sterm thing ;) )

Anything that doesn't require graphical output shouldn't be a problem, maybe your gonna have to get some libs to get everything working, but it all should be possible, and not too hard.

Why not just go the whole distance and use your GP2X as an actual online webserver... B) (and yes, that was not serious before anyone ROFLs at me...)

PHP would certainly be quite interesting to see, though currently I have only just started reading up on the language (and haven't actually got to any coding yet- I'm going slow. So slow in fact that I haven't read anything about it for days ;)) and so I'm not entirely sure what practical applications it would have, but I know that it's powerful as a scripting language. Be interesting at any rate :)

Ok, also, I'm using a windows system, so I have not idea how to extract these things, I could successfully unzip the .deb of php5-cli with 7-zip, but when I tried to unzip the tar.gz file, it gave me an error having to do with php5-commons

And the php5-commons.deb file won't even unzip :/

Well, no idea what windows tools can unpack .deb files ..., but tar.gz should be handled by any standard tool like 7-zip or winzip or winrar or powerarchiver etc. etc.

It's giving me errors tho. Do you think you could unzip the packages and put the directories into a Zip or RAR or Tar.gz for me? (I'd just need the php5-cli and php5-commons files)

Back