Phone hacking scandal & Rupert Murdoch

Damn right I am.

Murdoch is so far out of touch with what's happening in his companies, it's laughable. He didn't know the name of one of the NOTW's lead reporters?

Im a tad lost..? Whats this all about?
the papers hired soem private investigators to call someone, then call their voicemail, press # and type in 12345

that's the technical side, they then listened to and deleted messages on a murdered girls phone, so everyone is a bit uppity about it and making a big scandal etc

Im a tad lost..? Whats this all about?
the papers hired soem private investigators to call someone, then call their voicemail, press # and type in 12345

that's the technical side, they then listened to and deleted messages on a murdered girls phone, so everyone is a bit uppity about it and making a big scandal etc

Are you serious? Theyre calling that a hack? Wooooooow...

It's idiotic describing it, or any aspect of it, as "phone hacking". It was accessing voicemail by exploiting a (bizarrely unrectified) loophole. They make it sound like Watergate on steroids.

This will only get interesting if it spreads to Fox News. It won't, but we can dream.

It's idiotic describing it, or any aspect of it, as "phone hacking". It was accessing voicemail by exploiting a (bizarrely unrectified) loophole. They make it sound like Watergate on steroids.

This will only get interesting if it spreads to Fox News. It won't, but we can dream.
Not really a loophole, the person just didnt change their password.

I think everyone is making a big fuss over nothing,, yes the family should sue or whatever but I cant understand the people who read the paper, how do you think they get stories which are shocking such as the leaked documents about the MPs spending on expenses,

if there was no market for reading this stuff it wouldn't happen, Basically its the general publics fault for wanting to know everything about other peoples business.

They owned myspace.

Almost everyone was on myspace.

They had access to everyones passwords.

I suggest there may be more to come.

Drama. Les Murdochs have just had paint lobbed at them by some self described "comedian" ("Jonnie Marbles") who has just been led off in handcuffs, with more paint on him than on the Murdochs. Proceedings have resumed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to the min feed on it all on guardian site

if anyone cares

shaing foam weren't it?

shaving foam weren't it?

May as well have been silly string. His aim was woeful. I suspect he's a self publicist like that twat 'comedy terrorist' that gatecrashed a Royal event years ago. Maybe noone wanted to hack his voicemail and he felt left out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha could be.. I just read he a UK Uncut Activist. Not sure what Uncut means myself... Unless they mean his beard, maybe the foam was meant to land on his own chin? I dunno?

If you go to this very info jammed page:

www.guardian.co.uk/media/phone-hacking

then you got 3 main collumns.... Under the left one called Live Blog... There's a 'phone haking scandel: live coverage'

That has up to minute status on it

The guy who tried to splat a pie in the face of Murdoch will be punished far more than the Murdochs, Brookes et al.

It already did

According to Fox, it seems NotW is a victim of hacking, in the same way that Sony was hacked, Bank of America was hacked, and the Pentagon was hacked. Apparently I had it all wrong this whole time :rolleyes:

wendi-deng-rupert-murdoch-thinking-of-you-ecards-someecards.png

Back