Peripherals

nubie said:
Personally I would sooner convert the entire screen into a projector, that way the screen is larger and no quality is lost:

http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15796 (not to mention if this thing can really play media over Wifi you could really use it to . . . watch some media ;), whoops, I meant Top Gear, not . . . Other Stuff. :unsure: )

WOW! I's wants me one of these!

Last edited by a moderator:
cappuchok said:
Frogboy said:
I see that too. Very interesting. Can you plug XGA in to a VGA input? I've never seen a XGA adapter/converter before.
Ahem. Don't mix up your computing terminology, please... :rolleyes: :blink:

I take it that is a yes. I remember EGA in all of its 16 color glory. I remember that VGA brought us a whopping 256 colors and then SVGA came out and I stopped caring how many colors I had to work with because I couldn't count that high. :)

it would be nice to have a cheap little gps module for the pandora. Since I would have my pandora with me most of the time, it would be perfect for navigation or getting gps-data for openstreetmaps.

conso said:
it would be nice to have a cheap little gps module for the pandora. Since I would have my pandora with me most of the time, it would be perfect for navigation or getting gps-data for openstreetmaps.
Just get one of those really tiny USB bluetooth dongles and a Keychain GPS.

Well when you're using the GPS, do you need the extra space? :) Though I suppose it's kind a pain to carry an extra SD card.

That's one of the reasons I'm missing the bluetooth thing.

With integrated bluetooth, it would be easier to use a GPS antenna...

Not that I'm going to use bluetooth so much having WiFi.

apart from a gps module, I'd like to have a direct plugable usb-hub, that can be fixed at the chassis.

conso said:
apart from a gps module, I'd like to have a direct plugable usb-hub, that can be fixed at the chassis.

Yes, usb hub with lion battery pack. So it can power attached devices and posible pandora too. It can be easyly built az a homebrew. Only think is, that Pandora need some mounting point on the case. Even some screw hole M3 size, or so on.

squeakypants said:
Well when you're using the GPS, do you need the extra space? :) Though I suppose it's kind a pain to carry an extra SD card.
It's not because I happen to be trekking through some wilderness, that I have to make do without my "Farscape" episodes. Do you know how boring wilderness can get? ;)

atomicthumbs said:
It uses NMEA-whatever format, so you could use a free driver and some free mapping software.
You mean it simulates a serial port ;)

Has it been confirmed that the p&|a will do SDIO? Will both slots be SDIO enabled? Thanks.

What about a memory card carrier included with the console! or a carrying bag with a place to put memory cards on(3+ plz)!

the sd slots are on the front now, that means that i will be able to use a SDIO camera as a webcam but i will not be able to take pictures(i will not be able to see the screen). is there any other way of putting a camera no the pandora?(on the back part)

Sorry about my english. its not my first language

Zoppe said:
the sd slots are on the front now, that means that i will be able to use a SDIO camera as a webcam but i will not be able to take pictures(i will not be able to see the screen). is there any other way of putting a camera no the pandora?(on the back part)
There's a standard powered usb port at the back. Plug in a webcam. or maybe there's such a thing as a camera on a usb dongle?

Back