Perfect Pda

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
As i lay here in bed nursing a bad back i come to realise just how close to perfection this sony th55 pda is. I'm currently posting via the th55 and a bluetooth dongle on the pc downstairs. The th55 is also slamming faithless through my headphones as i surf. Not badfor a pda with an 8-123 mhz variable speed processor. I watched an episode of the x-files on it earlier and acouple of family guys. Am gonna watch FFVII again later. at full 24fps fullscreen. pity it's so crap for games and emulation but as a pda this thing really is the mutts.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 28 2005 at 10:19 PM said:
As i lay here in bed nursing a bad back i come to realise just how close to perfection this sony th55 pda is. I'm currently posting via the th55 and a bluetooth dongle on the pc downstairs. The th55 is also slamming faithless through my headphones as i surf. Not badfor a pda with an 8-123 mhz variable speed processor. I watched an episode of the x-files on it earlier and acouple of family guys. Am gonna watch FFVII again later. at full 24fps fullscreen. pity it's so crap for games and emulation but as a pda this thing really is the mutts.
I wouldn't trade my iPaq 4700 for the world, 640x480 landscape web browsing over 802.11b is just so cool :)
Shame its so rubbish for any games that can't be controlled by tapping the screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Oct 29 2005 at 01:42 AM said:
I think that Asus Mypal A620BT looks proper and bo.

Here`s mine, :D

IMG_0472.jpg

Though this is probably better for surfing the net, Due to the 7.1 inch screen.

IMG_0474.jpg

Trooper

trooper posted on Oct 29 2005 at 11:50 PM said:
Goity posted on Oct 29 2005 at 01:42 AM said:
I think that Asus Mypal A620BT looks proper and bo.

Here`s mine, :D

IMG_0472.jpg

Though this is probably better for surfing the net, Due to the 7.1 inch screen.

IMG_0474.jpg

Trooper
:( looks longingly at the asus mypal a620bt

i have the original palm. no web, or really anything decent, just text imput and some gay games (excluding dope wars, the hottest game of all time :D )

i love my palm :)

oh and it has a calculator BIATCHES!!!!!!!!

i still think the zire 71 and zodiac were my best pdas ever sadly tho i have never owned a ppc :( (man i miss my zod)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 29 2005 at 11:58 PM said:
i have the original palm. no web, or really anything decent, just text imput and some gay games (excluding dope wars, the hottest game of all time :D )

What OS is it. If it really is the first palm i.e. OS 1 then not much runs but if it's a pilot pro with OS2 I can give you some pointers on a few half decent games for it :)

Frobnitz alone is worth keeping an old chunky palm for. It allows you to play all the old infocom (Z machine) games. eg Zork I,II,III, Hitch Hikers Guide, Leather Goddess of Phobos etc. The interface is superb and once you are used to it it's as fast as playing on a full sized keyboard.

Checkout the Link for Z-Machine adventures. There are loads of them.

If you have a more capable palm the be sure to check out Kronos written by our very own Jeff Mitchell AKA Skeezix. It's an interpreter for Magnetic Scrolls, Infocom-style ZMachine, and Scott Adams style adventure games. Playing The Pawn on the go is great fun.

In case anyone is interested. Google for "frotz" for Z machine interpreters for other OSs/devices.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 29 2005 at 11:28 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 29 2005 at 11:58 PM said:

What OS is it. If it really is the first palm i.e. OS 1 then not much runs but if it's a pilot pro with OS2 I can give you some pointers on a few half decent games for it :)

Frobnitz alone is worth keeping an old chunky palm for. It allows you to play all the old infocom (Z machine) games. eg Zork I,II,III, Hitch Hikers Guide, Leather Goddess of Phobos etc. The interface is superb and once you are used to it it's as fast as playing on a full sized keyboard.

Checkout the Link for Z-Machine adventures. There are loads of them.

If you have a more capable palm the be sure to check out Kronos written by our very own Jeff Mitchell AKA Skeezix. It's an interpreter for Magnetic Scrolls, Infocom-style ZMachine, and Scott Adams style adventure games. Playing The Pawn on the go is great fun.

In case anyone is interested. Google for "frotz" for Z machine interpreters for other OSs/devices.

its OS 1. i dont really use it anyhow :rolleyes:

thanks for the offer thou :)

gary.mckeown posted on Oct 31 2005 at 10:18 AM said:
im just about to order a axim x50 now. cant friggin wait
My friend has one and reckons the battery life isn't good.

x50's are supposed to be the dogs bits tho arent they? i've ordered the 520mhz one and it comes with a spare battery so that should sort the power issue out. all the reviews i've read said that it was a minter.

x50's are supposed to be the dogs bits tho arent they? i've ordered the 520mhz one and it comes with a spare battery so that should sort the power issue out. all the reviews i've read said that it was a minter.
Yeah, if you want a SE VGA pocket pc theres only 3 to choose from

Dell x50, iPaq 4700, Loox 720

All score big points in reviews and all are a good choice. The iPaq has a 4" screen and 600mhz+ processor but its expensive and has the annoying touchpad. The x50 is well specified and cheap but it has the shortest battery life and smallest screen. The Loox is well specified, mid size screen, mid price, high power battery.

All the comparative reviews i've read put the loox as the winner, just because it doesnt have any real negatives.

I still ended up with the 4700 though, I like the screen and the speed, like the touchpad (except it blows for games) and sold my iPaq 3970 to offset the cost of it.

You'll be very happy with your x50 i'm sure :) PM me if theres any software you want for it when it arrives.

ordered it last night and phoned them to confirm and they've said it'll be here tomorrow :-D

i've heard that you can get something that lets u log into yahoo IM, MSN, AOL, ICQ etc chat things. hope so

also is there a football (soccer) management game out for the x50?

where do you get your software from? i've been lookin around but all i can find it people talkin about it but no links lol

Cheers

Gaz

does the x50 support java/shockwave etc so i could play games from miniclip?

also what is the cheapest option for gps on my x50? i've heard of tomtom5 but its around £170 i think and after paying £180 for my x50 i dont really wanna shell out another couple of hundred for the gps :-(

cheers

i've heard that you can get something that lets u log into yahoo IM, MSN, AOL, ICQ etc chat things. hope so

also is there a football (soccer) management game out for the x50?

where do you get your software from? i've been lookin around but all i can find it people talkin about it but no links lol

I never could get along with IM clients on my pda, i cant type fast enough to keep up with the conversation :D

Football Director

I buy stuff usually from the website of the developer. there are other sources p2p/usenet etc if you want to try before you buy ;)

does the x50 support java/shockwave etc so i could play games from miniclip?

also what is the cheapest option for gps on my x50? i've heard of tomtom5 but its around £170 i think and after paying £180 for my x50 i dont really wanna shell out another couple of hundred for the gps :-(

Not sure about java, support is patchy on all wince pda's, sun used to have a vm but its discontinued. There are shockwave viewers but the couple i've tried are quite slow , i couldn't run "badger, mushroom, snake" at full speed on my 600mhz 4700, I dunno if any would be better for games.

Tomtom is your best bet for gps, there are a few other options and they are all similar, tomtom is just the most popular. You can get a gps setup for quite a bit less than £180.

what would i need to get for the gps? i'd need a cradle thing for my car too.

should arrive today but just checked the tracking and it says its been misrouted.

what would i need to get for the gps? i'd need a cradle thing for my car too.

should arrive today but just checked the tracking and it says its been misrouted.
Youll need a suction mount and a gps reciever (maybe an amplified speaker as well if you have a noisy car or like the stereo up high)

have a read through http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/ theres lots of good info on there.

lots of people are unhappy with bluetooth gps's so you might want to go for a wired one.

Back