Pdroms Coding Competition 2.5

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Another coding competition organized by PDRoms. Here we go:

Your goal is to greate a "Game & Watch" style game, in fact a LCD style game, with leading intro! (An intro contains (scroll)text and a (moving) logo. Deadline is Sunday, 4th July, 2004 at 23:59 GMT +1. 1st prize is a NGPC with 7 games. Allowed systems are: Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GP32, Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color, NES & Dreamcast! Click on the link below the get more information.

http://www.pdroms.de/pdrc2_5.php

please spread the news around :)

Rattboi

Certified Guru
You double-posted this on the front page. Evildragon beat you to it.

Robster

Dodgy hardware mod maker
Website
www.cobbleware.com
This seems like fun :)

Kojote, a lot of Game 'n' Watch devices have static graphics printed over the LCD, in various colours, to make things a bit prettier. Any chance of relaxing the "only 2 colours" rule to allow more colours for static graphics/background, but only one colour for the "LCD elements"?

Just a suggestion :)

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
remember its only 2 @ a time, so u can use as many different colours as u like but only 2 at a time, which means u could use illusions to make it appear as if there were more colours at once

BTW: Does white count as a colour, or will the background need to be similar to the lightish brown on the G&Ws

S

sebastian_insua

I dunno how people like Evildragon are able to post News so fast it is supernatural. ;)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You double-posted this on the front page. Evildragon beat you to it.

No fair, using ICQ is cheating! :(
Is this a "Who can post news faster"-competition? ;)
Kojote is a good friend of me - and if you take a look at the page, you find me listed in the jury... easy to be faster that way ;)

Don't worry, there'll surely be news where you are faster than me :)

And... using ICQ is smart :p

Last edited:

Tobriand

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Oh, of course... cut scenes :)

Actually, a 2-colour GIGAS game could be quite interesting. I suppose you;d technically have to send it to Pirotic, though, to get it FXE converted, so as to remove the multi-colour menu for selecting the game, though... Or am I being simply pedantic?

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
rules are updated slightly...

* Antialiasing is allowed, as long as its used to soften edges only!
* Megadrive/Genesis submissions are allowed, due to request. Entries will be tested with a megadrive emulator on PC!
* Judge update: John/Consolefever joins the judging team!