Pdnoo

aggaz

Still Fresh
I want you to know that I compiled PDa (pd-anywhere) for caanoo and that it is available for download on OpenHandhelds.org.

PDa is a port of Pd (PureData) for PDAs, and it was compiled also for gp2x some time ago.

Pd is a graphical programming language for musicians, it makes easy to develop your own synthesizer.

I compiled PDa without graphical support, it is quite useless without a graphical interface, for that reason I included in the distribution a very simple program in Bennu which sends touch-screen coordinates to pd through pdsend, which is a binary included to the distribution. This is the simplest way to make an application talk to puredata.

I hope that it can be useful to musical experimenters or to game developers who want to implement more dynamic sounds than a static collection of waves.

If you want to know something more, you can read the README inside the package, if you want to read the README without download the package yuo can find a copy posted here http://elettrofonesi.blogspot.com/2011/08/pdnoo.html

If you run the application and see anything but a black screen, don't worry, try to touch the screen and be pleased by a simple *amazing* am synthesizer.

If there are problems or questions, please let me know, I would be pleased to answer.

Very cool,. I will have a look around and see if I can get a handle on this implementation,. should be interesting to build some noise makers using this.

It would be great if we can develop a GUI to make patches on the caanoo,. I never got much into pd,. but I am finding I enjoy using the caanoo for sound/music creation. Perhaps wiring may not be so easy to work with on the small screen,. operator stacks may be a better way to go,. . I have some ideas.

here is an interface for old i pods; http://ipl.derpapst.eu/wiki/PdPod

Actually I do not think that a development GUI could be really useful.
To make a patch easily you need mouse and keyboard, so it is better to use a pc for that.

The kind of GUI I have in mind is something to play with, using all caanoo's inputs (touch/g-sensor), and for that a custom Bennu app. could be a good choice.

By the way, as far I have understood, even the GUI you linked is not intended to patch creation/editing. (From wiki/PdPod: [...]a GUI application which allows the execution, display and control of PD patches[...])

Anyway, if you are interested you can try to compile PDa with full visual support starting from the indications I wrote on the README, but you will need Tcl/Tk too.

Back