Pcsx4All

Wycked

Still Fresh
Okay, I can't get this thing to work at all.

The furthest I get with the Mortal Kombat Trilogy iso on any settings is the SCEA logo at startup, then it freezes.

What should I be using to rip my PS1 discs, and to what format?

Also, I have a bunch of old BIOS files, the one I'm using is SCPH1001 from 1997. I also have 1000, 1002, 5000, 5000a, 5500, 5502, 7001, 7003 and 7502. Which should I be using?

I need like... a freakin' crash course in PCSX4All here.

Changing the emulation from HLE to BIOS might help but PCSX4ALL just came out about 2 weeks ago so a lot of games don't work yet. In the mean time reading the readme and compatibility list may help with getting as many games as possible to work.

I tried CloneCD, and that seemed to work. But it's a 21-day trial, so is there anything better that's free?

Does the BIOS used make any difference?

I have Zoop working, but the CD-audio doesn't. It just plays the intro track over and over.

MagicISO works like a charm but is shareware too :(

Which game id does the Mortal Kombat Triology have? Maybe its a generic problem with PCSX-r ... You can find the id as the name of the inserted cd and in the root folder of the cdrom as a file named like "SLUS_999.99".

Wycked said:
I tried CloneCD, and that seemed to work. But it's a 21-day trial, so is there anything better that's free?

Does the BIOS used make any difference?

I have Zoop working, but the CD-audio doesn't. It just plays the intro track over and over.

Technically it IS legal for you to download an ISO/Disc Image of a game via websites, bittorrent, etc if you legally own a copy of the game. I'm not going to detail how to do this, but it's not terribly hard to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkknight512 said:
Changing the emulation from HLE to BIOS might help but PCSX4ALL just came out about 2 weeks ago so a lot of games don't work yet. In the mean time reading the readme and compatibility list may help with getting as many games as possible to work.

But taking the time to reading the readme files means you get to read the readme file and that means requires reading...* shivers * You don't see people reading in the forums do you?

foody said:
But taking the time to reading the readme files means you get to read the readme file and that means requires reading...* shivers * You don't see people reading in the forums do you?
Yeah, 'cause I'm using my own PS1 discs for this, and the readme totally helps with suggestions on free, legal to download software to help me rip 'em.

I do have it working, but thanks for the tip anyway. And by "tip" I mean "nothing."

Back