[Pcsx4All] Looking For Betatesters

Copy the public Wiz release to your games folder, copy the Caanoo Beta files into this folder, copy bios file into the games folder, create ini file, done.
I'm having trouble getting this to work on my caanoo, so I'll go through what I did in explicit detail based on these instructions. So, first I downloaded the public release of the wiz pcsx4all and put the folder PCSX4all in SD/Game/ on my SD card. I then downloaded the new beta from megaupload with the link khan provided, opened it up and got the two "pcsx4all_20101211" files (from the caanoo archive) and put them in SD/Game/Pcsx4all/. After that I put the bios in the pcsx4all folder. Then I made a text file in SD/Game/ it looks like:
[info]
name="PCSX4ALL"
path="/PCSX4ALL/pcsx4all_20101211.gpe"
(wasn't sure what to do here so I just made it look like the other .ini files)
I then saved it as PCSX4ALL.ini. When I try to execute it I don't see the emu in the games menu. What did I do wrong? I pretty much just totally guessed on the ini file thing so I didn't really expect it to work.

Hi

I am from italy and i have caanoo

Can i become beta tester ?

Thank you

xabarass

Hi

I am from italy and i have caanoo

Can i become beta tester ?

Thank you

xabarass

Azuma said:
Copy the public Wiz release to your games folder, copy the Caanoo Beta files into this folder, copy bios file into the games folder, create ini file, done.
I'm having trouble getting this to work on my caanoo, so I'll go through what I did in explicit detail based on these instructions. So, first I downloaded the public release of the wiz pcsx4all and put the folder PCSX4all in SD/Game/ on my SD card. I then downloaded the new beta from megaupload with the link khan provided, opened it up and got the two "pcsx4all_20101211" files (from the caanoo archive) and put them in SD/Game/Pcsx4all/. After that I put the bios in the pcsx4all folder. Then I made a text file in SD/Game/ it looks like:
[info]
name="PCSX4ALL"
path="/PCSX4ALL/pcsx4all_20101211.gpe"
(wasn't sure what to do here so I just made it look like the other .ini files)
I then saved it as PCSX4ALL.ini. When I try to execute it I don't see the emu in the games menu. What did I do wrong? I pretty much just totally guessed on the ini file thing so I didn't really expect it to work.

you need to use notebook2 when writing a ini file. and if all else fails just use the caanoo's explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Azuma - make sure you download scph1001.bin for when you use bios option to test games, also all game images go in a folder called isos

ruffnutts

Ok I got it to work but it seems that my External HD has died on me :( I don't even think I have most of those ps1 games anymore... I'll still try to do some testing soon though. Thanks for the help and allowing me to be a beta tester!

it's possible to use save state in this beta? and how ? (in the readme of the public wiz it's select + volume down or up :s)

Back