Pcsx Rearmed

Vanishing point seems to run pretty much 100% perfectly. The only problem is the streched non-gameplay screens, which is actually pretty annoying, since it puts most of the menu stuff out of the display.

Actually I think this is the biggest problem with the emulator right now. I believe it should be the first thing on the bugfix list in the next update.

Also, I'd love to see the analog option actually working ( Although.. if it does work, how do I do it? ), it's pretty hard to play with an analog stick, while some games only allow the character to move in 8 directions.

CloverGruff said:
Will be waiting for that feature in the next release then!
ok, it'll cost a performance hit though..

CloverGruff said:
I couldnt get the first Tomb Riader to work in my life - still crashes after starting a new game ( training wouldn't work, too ). Actually a lot of pcsx4all incompatible games work here, like Croc 2, but it also has the streched screen problem (grr!).
You need a proper full CD image (~580MB) + metadata file (.cue/.ccd/.toc/.mds; same base name) for Tomb Raider to work.

CloverGruff said:
Also, I'd love to see the analog option actually working ( Although.. if it does work, how do I do it? ), it's pretty hard to play with an analog stick, while some games only allow the character to move in 8 directions.
It's a leftover from pandora version, doesn't work (yet?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested my fav. game : Lego Island 2 : it works just fine :) only downside is that it doesn't fit the caanoo's screen.

Wow, this is totally amazing. Would it be too much difficult to make a Wiz version? I have been expecting this for such a long time.

Notaz, you are a hero!

Tried out a few games tonight and I was very suprised. All games I tried were more or less playable and 2D games were full speed or near too. The sound distortion that was on other portable psx emu's is near gone. Thanks a lot Notaz I honestly wasn't expecting this.

notaz said:
  • base code: PCSX reloaded (same)
  • GPU code: una-i based with Franxis tweaks (same), also has an option of PEOPS (aka Pete's, slow)
  • dynarec: completely different one by Ari64, I consider it more advanced than Chui's but it was optimized for CortexA8 and multiple paths it makes for various cases might be blowing icache faster.
  • GTE: different, NEON removed, a bit of asm left, PCSX4ALL does better job here
  • SPU: PEOPS-based (different), heavily optimized by me
You never stop to amaze me ;)

ok, it'll cost a performance hit though...

can you use the MagicEyes Pollux for hardware scaling (as far as i read it supports 3d and 2d operations)? at least in specs it supports 1280 * 1024 pixels.

uhm, i think he don't scale for not comprimising the performance,
notaz, is supported TVOUT in this? will be more fun to play ;)

I got a video of it in action uploading now. It will take a while. TV Out does not work(not even using the gmenu workaround) so you will have to put up with my shaky hands. I will update this post when the upload has completed

Here is the video I made.

onthebridge said:
Would it be too much difficult to make a Wiz version? I have been expecting this for such a long time.
Should work, not sure if there is enough RAM though (recompiler and memhandlers are a bit wasteful).

rohezal said:
ok, it'll cost a performance hit though...
can you use the MagicEyes Pollux for hardware scaling (as far as i read it supports 3d and 2d operations)? at least in specs it supports 1280 * 1024 pixels.
Display controller can only scale YUV (not useful). As for 3d core, I haven't seen any code that could do it except GLES, which I'm not sure is good for this.

kayuz said:
notaz, is supported TVOUT in this? will be more fun to play ;)
I have no idea what's needed for TV out to work, nor do I have suitable cable, do you have the tech details?

Display controller can only scale YUV (not useful). As for 3d core, I haven't seen any code that could do it except GLES, which I'm not sure is good for this.

Did not read it, sorry. Maybe use the framebuffer (or were the rendere image goes) as texture for a quad that just fits into the 320x240 screen. Not sure if this would be realy faster, since its looks like a lot of overhead. But I think this way, the actual scaling is done by the gpu.

Since its using the same ram (or the above 16 mb of it), im not not sure if it will block the RAM (freerunner anyone?). But if it doesnt and the cpu caches are filled, you can maybe outsource the scaling of the last frame, when you are allready working on the next frame. Sorry for just giving advises from far away and without looking at the actual source. I don't have much experience of emulation, the best thing I did was gnuboy port for the freerunner...

YES, I'm all for rearmed for the WIZ!!
Does the memory cards work better? Some games dont like mem cards on the pcsx4all.
Notaz rocks..

Thank Notaz ;p your work is really good :D FF9 work perfectly ^^
I just a question, where the file for memcard ? It is possible to use a memcard of PCSX (PC) ?
Thank you in advance and still, it is a really good work ;)
Cordially

Thank you so much Notaz cant wait to try this out - like games that dont work on PCSX4ALL, I Have been waiting for something like this woop :)

nah, i think in wiz won't work :( no ram
for tv out i will informed, about tech specs what you spell for?

Back