Pc Manager Is Fixed! :d

Chuckowski

Still Fresh
Just tried it out from fungp.com and it all works. My caanoo is now officially registered! :D

It's still not working on my end, it just pops up an "auto update" window for a split second, then closes the program.
Edit: It works after you manually edit the .ini file, the same url=172.0.0.1 trick from before.

Edit: Well, I successfully transferred the free Rhythmos game to my Caanoo, booted it....and it crashed like before. Great.

Edit: I tried a file-transfer again through PC Manager and it had a fatal error, great.

Edit: Fuck DRM, seriously. And on a free title of all things.

Edit: Apparently after registering my Caanoo, I have a Wiz. The fuck?
http://fungp.com/cm/as_v.asp?board_seq=232

PIx5M.png

^^ yep.. That's DRM for ya.

On the same note, has anyone been able to buy the game which were included with the Caanoo? When i try to enter the coupon number (well, after removing the readonly attribute from the input field using firebug), nothing happens. I click check coupon, it doesn't recognize it, i click buy, it says i need money. Anyone have any success?

For me the downloading still doesn't start. I have managed to register my Caanoo, and that's about it.

/Uni

u9i said:
^^ yep.. That's DRM for ya.

On the same note, has anyone been able to buy the game which were included with the Caanoo? When i try to enter the coupon number (well, after removing the readonly attribute from the input field using firebug), nothing happens. I click check coupon, it doesn't recognize it, i click buy, it says i need money. Anyone have any success?

For me the downloading still doesn't start. I have managed to register my Caanoo, and that's about it.

/Uni

Coupon code? Where?
Is it included with every Caanoo or with select purchased bundles?
It only says on my Caanoo box "Register your CAANOO and get Free Game @ FunGP"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's still as dead as a rock for me, clean VM image, booted, installed (without an error this time on the VC++ dll's), open up the PC Manager and .... nothing, changing the URL probably will let me open it (it did so in the past), but that's kind of besides the point, it needs to connect to those DRM servers in order to do anything useful...

Maybe we should just crack the DRM & be done with it...

Well this is just plagued with problems ain't it?
Apparently, someone over at the FunGP boards had a coupon for a couple of Toaplan arcade games, he downloaded them on his registered Caanoo and couldn't boot them.
Apparently, what he bought as Caanoo software was actually GP32 software, the hell?
To add to that, his profile shows that he registered a Wiz, not a Caanoo.

Well thank god I didn't buy a Caanoo with serious plans of using FunGP, leave the software to the open source devs.
GPH can make some nice hardware but they can't code for shit.

RupeeClock said:
It's still not working on my end, it just pops up an "auto update" window for a split second, then closes the program.
Edit: It works after you manually edit the .ini file, the same url=172.0.0.1 trick from before.

Edit: Well, I successfully transferred the free Rhythmos game to my Caanoo, booted it....and it crashed like before. Great.

Edit: I tried a file-transfer again through PC Manager and it had a fatal error, great.

Edit: Fuck DRM, seriously. And on a free title of all things.

Edit: Apparently after registering my Caanoo, I have a Wiz. The fuck?

PIx5M.png

Did you try unistalling the PC Manager that you originally had and redownloading from the website?

Chuckowski said:
Did you try unistalling the PC Manager that you originally had and redownloading from the website?

Of course, I uninstalled the old bugged version then installed the updated version, and registered my device.
What bothers me though is that GPH didn't announce anything, they didn't even publically respond to people complaining that the damn thing didn't work. And it still doesn't work.

This is very disheartening. I hope it gets sorted.

In the meantime, I hope that there are developers for Caannoo who won't be using FunGP ..

torpor said:

In the meantime, I hope that there are developers for Caannoo who won't be using FunGP ..

Maybe we should hope they don't get it sorted, so that no one really uses FunGP? I liked the idea of FunGP in the first place, but it turns out that it's being a mess. We should create something like cydia ;)

crow_riot said:
torpor said:

Maybe we should hope they don't get it sorted, so that no one really uses FunGP? I liked the idea of FunGP in the first place, but it turns out that it's being a mess. We should create something like cydia ;)

GPH was set on using DRM, in my (not so humble) opinion, they should have simply done the 'DRM' part on the server side, and use the serial number as a hash, the application gets packaged server side with a specific keyfile, the client downloads & transfers the application to his Caanoo/Wiz, starts the application, application fetches serial & decrypts the keyfile to validate & continue to load/start.

For all intent & purposes, this scheme would block out most casual copying, and is has a low impact on the user, unlike this mess they have now...

RupeeClock said:
Chuckowski said:

Of course, I uninstalled the old bugged version then installed the updated version, and registered my device.
What bothers me though is that GPH didn't announce anything, they didn't even publically respond to people complaining that the damn thing didn't work. And it still doesn't work.

Someone on gph facebook got it to work...check it out... http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=127461713948354&topic=214&start=60&hash=e6760cbb1ec99cc4d5ef3400216e7005#topic_top

It seems like they only respond on their facebook and not on fungp. They should respond on fungp as well though or at least direct people to their facebook or openhandhelds site so caanoo doesn't become a useless brick for their owners...

I remb there used to be a facebook button on fungp but now it's gone...

I wouldn't say gph can't code for shit considering some ppl here enjoyed deicide 3 and redemption liar and these games were done inhouse

Just tried again, installed PC Manager, removed that url from the .ini file, it starts up, hook up GPH Wiz & scan for devices = Success! Device registered.
Disconnect the Wiz, hook up the Caaonoo, scan again: Failure, already registered error.

Seems you can have only one device per account, created a second account for my Wiz, registered without problems....

Uninstalling the old FunGP, downloading the new, and then changing the URL in NetsyncBrowser3.5 to 127.0.0.1 did in fact allow me to register my Caanoo on FunGP. Of course, I'm not sure what good that does me in the long run, since I have no interest in the games they have on the site, but, such is life!

It was pretty obvious they would have problems with this. They often have problems with their software and adding DRM into the mix just adds to the things that can go wrong.

Hopefully they get these issues sorted soon since they actually do have some pretty decent looking games on there.

Back