Pc Hardwire (overclockers?) Help Pls

GP40

I've just got a new heatsink for my AMD cpu and I've also managed to find a fan controller dirt cheap secondhand too :D

I want to put one of the temp sensors underneath the heatsink, butting up to the cpu chip but as the fan controller is secondhand, it came with no way to fix the sensor on.

What can I use to do so? I dont really want anything that is not reversible such as super glue, but I also dont want it to fall off because I cant afford to take the HS off again and buy another lot of Artic Silver :p

You do know that placing the temp sensor underneath the heatsink will significantly increase the temperature of the cpu because it will reduce the efficiency of the heatsink? You much better off drilling a hole into the heatsink and placing your temp sensors there.

external fan controlers are pretty damn useless for the cpu, the motherboard should take care of that with the more accurate readings direcktly form the cpu.

I have to agree with Vimacs (for once ;) )

As long as your CPU's HSF is connected to a 3-pin header, then yeah, you should be able to PWM the fan from software.

Back