PC engine Emulator

Website
Visit site
Hello there,

I used to play Nec PC engine games on my Pandora with Temper, (I don't remember where I found the PND ) but since the I upgrade to firmware 1.54, it does not launch any roms.

Is there an other emul for Nec PC engine ?

Hello there,

I used to play Nec PC engine games on my Pandora with Temper, (I don't remember where I found the PND ) but since the I upgrade to firmware 1.54, it does not launch any roms.

Is there an other emul for Nec PC engine ?
pce.emu works well as does Hugo. I would say those are the top 2 at this time. I was able to play Blazing Lazers perfectly on pce.emu but not so on Hugo. I happen to like that shmup.  :p

The CD games seem to be a bit more finicky to play well. At least with my experience and I am way far from an authority . B)

Hope that helps. 

Last edited:
did you try deleting the Temper PND and appdata then redownloading the PND? Temper seems to work fine for me on SZ1.54. I wonder whether pce.emu has better compatibility for CD games, theres a few that Temper wont load for me - would be interesting to see the differences between the two.

I try pce.emu works fine but sometimes glitchs appears on Parodius,

I've to test more options and try Hugo to compare.

This platforrm is really the Shmups heaven !

Hm. I've upgraded to 1.54, and I have no problems using Temper?

Isn't pce.emu based on mednafen? So there should be no (significant) difference. I use mednafen for PCE (HuCard and CD games) and it works fine.

I would really like to know if anyone is playing Gate of Thunder with any of these NEC emulators? Not to be confused with Lords of Thunder. Gate of Thunder was a feature cd for the Turbo Duo which also included Bonk's adventure. The disc came with anyone who bought a Turbo Duo at that time in the states.

There is also a secret code  to unlock Bomberman on that same disc. So really there are 3 games on the disc.

Been trying for that one quite a while with no success. :angry:   :(

Last edited:
I would really like to know if anyone is playing Gate of Thunder with any of these NEC emulators? Not to be confused with Lords of Thunder. Gate of Thunder was a feature cd for the Turbo Duo which also included Bonk's adventure. The disc came with anyone who bought a Turbo Duo at that time in the states.

There is also a secret code  to unlock Bomberman on that same disc. So really there are 3 games on the disc.

Been trying for that one quite a while with no success. :angry:   :(
Gate of Thunder plays perfect on Temper ....Bud

I have spent hours trying to find a compatible Gate of Thunder file but with no luck.  :(

I am ASSuming I need this .pce  because bin, .iso or zip will not work for me on Tenmper,Hugo,PCEemu or mednafen for this game. I extract from .rar or .tar gz.

No problems with other Turbo Card games. Just seems these Turbografx CD buggers are difficult for me. :wacko:

Hope I don't need the CD because I sold it years ago :blink: .??

Last edited:
Guessing you just need the syscards etc in the correct place and (re)named correctly. Although i do have problems with 1 or 2 cd games in Temper, Gate of Thunder isnt one of them - it runs almost flawlessly.  i'd recommend tinkering with the syscards/cdbios

Guessing you just need the syscards etc in the correct place and (re)named correctly. Although i do have problems with 1 or 2 cd games in Temper, Gate of Thunder isnt one of them - it runs almost flawlessly.  i'd recommend tinkering with the syscards/cdbios
I don't mean to be too pushy but how exactly would I tinker? :huh:

I do not see a syscard subfolder in  appdata>temper folder. Do I make one up and put a .txt file in there? The GP2X/Wiz version has a syscard subfolder but nothing in it except where to place some .txt file.

If I google temper bios I get temperature readings on the planet. :wacko:

Last edited:
Back