PC Engine Emulator - Which is Best?

I've been trying out Temper a little and this is what I've noticed when comparing it to Mednafen:

It's more optimized to run faster without overclocking, so your battery will last longer.

Of course it doesn't support zip compression, so you will have to use bz2 or uncompressed roms.

The one arcade card game I have ripped (which works in Mednafen) freezes during the intro screen, but I don't know why. It might have something to do with the format (cue/iso/ogg), though that format I believe should work.

While mednafen supports toc/iso rips, you have to convert them to cue/iso for temper (not a really big deal since cdrdao includes the toc2cue utility).

If I remember correctly, Temper is Really, Really Picky about the iso/ogg bits. As in, it has to be oggs of a specific bitrate and so on. There is an instruction somewhere for the gp2x version which details this (or is it in the readme on the pandora, too? I don't remember off the top of my head). That Temper pnd is, if I remember correctly, something of a beta that Exophase released due to popular demand, and the reason it is not on the repo or anywhere else, is that there were some more stuff to be done on it first. Or something like that. Which makes it officially the most polished and well-worked out non-existing beta in non-existence :D Anyway, that is what I remember, through the fogs of senility.

Back