Patformer game is released

8bitDev

Still Fresh
Website
www.upwork.com
Hi guys i just released one of my 3 games in Pat's series.

Now i am still far away from making native port to Pandora/Pyra,but i made 2 really good HTML5 ports and i would like if someone could download and test those out.

First one is with fix 480x800 resolution and second one is scalable (it follows browser scale).

My game is released on itch.io and it will be downloadable on other sites to,it may seem a little but it is actually a lot.

https://8bitdev.itch.io/patformer

Source code is not yet released because i have to work on its compatibility with Source code engine version which will take some time.

Regards

interesting game! i didn't understand the WASD functionality too much, though. i understand it switches between worlds, but it seems to be a weird mechanic to switch to one world, say world X, jump, and then switch to another world Y, to have the original world X have no gravity. (at least, that's what i did to avoid some spikes, maybe that's a bug.) but then it was just a pain to figure out how to switch on certain levels. maybe start with easier challenges on the WASD worlds, so that people don't go bonkers.

maybe, it would make more sense to only control one of the players at one time, so if you jump, it only jumps in the selected world, but gravity is always on? maybe that's how it's supposed to work and i forgot how it does work.

anyway, when i tried to exit out of the ubuntu 16.04 executable, it froze the screen, and i couldn't control stuff...

interesting game! i didn't understand the WASD functionality too much, though. i understand it switches between worlds, but it seems to be a weird mechanic to switch to one world, say world X, jump, and then switch to another world Y, to have the original world X have no gravity. (at least, that's what i did to avoid some spikes, maybe that's a bug.) but then it was just a pain to figure out how to switch on certain levels. maybe start with easier challenges on the WASD worlds, so that people don't go bonkers.

maybe, it would make more sense to only control one of the players at one time, so if you jump, it only jumps in the selected world, but gravity is always on? maybe that's how it's supposed to work and i forgot how it does work.

anyway, when i tried to exit out of the ubuntu 16.04 executable, it froze the screen, and i couldn't control stuff...

Hi,thanks for playing.GNU&linux version is there just in case if ubuntu 16.04 version makes problems.Now froze thing could happen if you tried to exit the game too fast.sadly there is nothing that i can do to eliminate that problem and it seems to happen on some CPUs.

It would help if you could put your computer specs in the future.since i am changing dev environment i am trying to make things better so bugs similar to these will be eliminated in the future.

For those interested in source code and bug free version there is HTML5 export that you can use.Now when it comes to original source code i may release some of the codes free(since this is 1 in 3 games in total)i may release it for free and other 2 may be on sale or something.Economy is hard thing and i am still in experimental phase so sorry for late reply,upload process for the app stores is intensive and second game is on the way,so i will keep you posted.

PS:
Gameplay physics was made on purpose on that way so you could have levitation element in the game to play with!!!

Regards

Back